cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find valid Java virtual machine to load.

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to install the Runtime Components for Identity Management 7.2, and get the "LaunchAnywhere Error - Could not find a valid Java virtual machine to load. You may need to reinstall a supported Java virtual machine."

I've installed NW7.3 EhP1 JAVA (only) on a MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with SQL Server 2008 R2.

So by following those top notch Installation guides , got the Designtime components installed, but continue to get the above error after clicking on the "Install" file for the Runtime component, that was included in the NW Identity Management download 51039798. I've even downloaded the most recent SP  "ICRUNTIME06_1-20005938" and tried with the install file in that package, with the same  result.

I've downloaded and changed the JVM to JVM 6 and JVM 5 (JVM 4 was installed as the default with NetWeaver 7.3). Although I am unclear on which variables needed to be added in the Environmental Variables, but have added the JAVA home, path and CLASSPATH.

Can anyone let me know what's the correct procedure to "reinstall a supported Java virtual machine" this is asking for? Or if there is something else I should be doing to correct this.

Muchly appreciated

Ken H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It seems like the mgic of Java at work, but I left it alone for a day and then tried again and it worked. Unfortunately I do not know what cured this for me. I thought it might be adding the Environment Variables, but tried to get the error again by taking these out but it works now???

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

You need to go into Tools/Options and point to the new Java.exe that you are using.  The proper JVM.DLL should get populated automatically, but it's a good idea to double check (I've seen some issues with the 64 bit version of Java)

You'll then need to regenerate your dispatchers which IDM will offer to do for you.  The Dispatcher services must then be stopped and restarted.  Note this will also have to be done for any event agents that you have created as well.

If you are still having trouble, please try the SUN(Oracle) Java.  1.5 or 1.6 only.  Do not use Java 7.  There are occasionally some issues when  using the SAP JVM.

Good luck!

Matt