cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same User, Different IDs, rewarding FULL points to eachother

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moderators,

I noted two different User ID, Different Names but using the same email ID and they are rewarding FULL points to each other even incase of Question itself.

Here is the thread

/message/3040728#3040728 [original link is broken]

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's another suspicious one...

How could they have fixed the problem without seeing the code?!!

Gareth.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Here's another suspicious one...

Don't blame other guys, when it is not really obvious.

> How could they have fixed the problem without seeing the code?!!

That is easy. A support guy knows the typical pitfalls. From the error description he can figure out what is wrong.

I have not worked with BCD for ten years, but when I read this thread, I remembered immediately that I had the same trouble. And the same fix

Best regards

Stefan

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As always, thanks for your community vigilance.

I'm going to request that this user/users be removed from our roster.

What's the point of gaming points? It spoils the game and distracts from the true goal of supporting community and supplying valuable peer-to-peer support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

Point system is good to encourage users for answers and suggestions.

Instead of directly removing users, let's them give a chance, but revoke their points so next time they will be careful.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So a warning, and request to combine the users, and a removal of points?

What do others say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

Yes, strict warning with removal of points which they got against eachother only.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

enough has been said / done about the points system so far. Marilyn, I think its time to have a strict policy in place and off course, as suggested by others SDN should have a "Hall of Shame" where such <b>blacklisted</b> users are <b>listed</b>

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's keep it simple then and keep it positive. We'll sweep where necessary and possible, but not dirty for spite. I'll stick with my original proposal and leave shaming to others. Case closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratt,

I am writing in response to the allegations which have been forced on me. I need put my version in the forum already. But wanted to make it clear to you as you are The Moderator that I am not very much interested in any points.

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=santhosh+kaluvala&meta=

If you hit a search in google for my name you will find that I am involved not only in SDN but couple of other forums where is no-point structure. It is so sad that some people cannot digest things r may be understand that there can be more experienced and smart persons than they are. I am not really happy at this behavior and I think the point system is generating unnecessary friction btw people. May be you need to track the IP's of the systems from where these are posted or something’s and get those culprits other than cook up stories and raise unnecessary voices against honest people.

It could not be more obvious, that answer which i gave can be told by a std support guy even when he is asked in his sleep. That is how I know it.

I have decided any how to limit my presence in this uncouth environment.

thanks and regards,

santhosh

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry Santhosh that you are having a less than optimal experience in the forums.

I'm sure you do understand though that after spates of cheating, many forum members have zero tolerance for anything and anyone they feel is "gaming the system".

If that is not your case, it is unfortunate that you have also received criticism as a result of the sensitivity to this annoying issue.

Let's look at this as the community's very clear insistance on integrity.

If you have been wronged, forgive the mistake on the part of those that felt that there was mischief and understand that they only desired to preserve a common good experience. If they correctly identified misbehavior I'm sure there will be no regrets that you limit your participation.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn/Santosh,

Fistly apologies for going in off the deep end on this - Marilyn has hit the nail on the head really and I just got caught out. Sorry for the misunderstanding - I was wound up by a number of postings I'd been reading and unfortunately took it out on this post!

I saw you mention seeing code and assumed - apparently incorrectly.

So once again, apologies.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem here is the focus on the wrong rather than the right. In any forum there will always be those who try to work the system, but in the greater scheme of things, who cares.

If there are people who feel amassing heaps of SDN points makes them a bigger person, then I feel sorry for them having so little to interest them.

The real value is the major percentage of people who simply help because they can. I don't feel there is any gain for getting dodgy points in the real world, and similarly I wonder at the need to police such silliness.

I spent several posts and a number of days working through a workflow issue with someone on the other side of the world who I will probably never meet, but at the end we solved the issue together and both learned quite a few things. This is the real value of the forums.

The moderators can have the job of policing - I have neither the patience nor the tact to take it on.

Cheers

Gareth

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gareth Ellem wrote: "I spent several posts and a number of days working through a workflow issue with someone on the other side of the world who I will probably never meet, but at the end we solved the issue together and both learned quite a few things. This is the real value of the forums."

That should be a banner for all here: peer-to-peer cooperation and support, patience and expanded learning. Keeping it positive, simple, helpful. That should be the goal.

I think I understand your sentiments about moderating and leaving it for those who can. It's usually a thankless job and I'm personally am grateful to moderators who exercise good judgement, tact and further the enthusiastic participation of community. So while policing isn't an attractive job, a bravo to those who shoulder that burden and contribute in addition to their normal participation.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing this Arif...What this guy or guys are doing is very wrong...I hope the moderators take some actions soon...

Greetings,

Blag.