cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh POWL using BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in SRM WEB UI and in  my case after i forward a document to an agent the POWL component sholud be automatically refreshed.

This has to be done outside the webdynpro component . I have to do this in a BADI.

Is the FM   POWL_QUERY_REFRESH will be suitable in my case?

Or else please let me the functionality of the refresh button in the top left in the SRM WEB UI screen .

I have tryed many ways but i couldn't able to get the correct logic.

Kindly share your ideas!!!

Thanks,

Pradeep/

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I will answer in this thread rather than continually hijacking the other thread by Gio.

As for the FM POWL_QUERY_REFRESH it could probably be used for your purpose, provided the correct dataset is used to execute the FM in he first place, i.e. the Feeder Name, additional parameters and query data, but I would question in this case then why not just use the POWL_WLOAD report or indeed configure the delivered automatic refresh for SAP SRM? i.e. if all angles are covered with customizing then any update should be reflected, POWL auto refresh covers the areas of refresh on Object update/create/delete, refresh on query switch and refresh on query load. This should cover all possibilities?

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You are right but I am working in SRM WEB UI enhancement for this i need a little bit code changes only . I am trying to do in a BADI. But if i run the report POWL_WLOAD In fore/background i think it will be a performance issue.

And also i have tried by SPRO config . That too not working in my case

But finally i found out a FM ' POWL_ASYNC_QUERY_REFRESH_CALL' which will refresh the POWL component . But the thing is the POWL component is automatically refreshing every 10 to 15 seconds. I am trying to avoid the same now

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I am not aware of any method to achieve this in a Badi, but it is better to look in the BC-MUS-POW area rather than SRM, maybe note 1358708 might provide some assistance?

Regards,

Jason