Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space between page header and table header on multiple pages

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we have a table which spans multiple pages (with tabel header repeat), the table stucks to the page header starting from the 2nd page. There is no problem on the first page since one can define where the table starts, but on the second page and further webi makes it own decision where to put the table which seems to be right after the page header.

It tried several CSS things with e.g. margins on both header and table, but that doesn't seems to be taken into account.

I was wondering:

- why the CSS doesn't seem to work here

- how to prevent sticking the table to the page header

Cheers

Eddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

You can use 'Relative Position' option. Select the Table, Right Click on it, Choose 'Align'->'Relative Position'.

Set Relative Position for Table. You can fix the position by Relative Positions for Header and Table.

Assign the Vertical position of Table by Relating 'bottom edge' of 'Header"(blank cell). Now Your Block and Header(Blank Cell) is related. So if u move blank cell, your Block also move according to Blank cell's Position (Assigned in centimeters).

Please note: Blank cells dont have a name unlike Block as Block1. So, select the Last option("without text, white space") in the drop drown which is for blank cell.

Hope this answer helps.

-Parthiban,

Transaltus

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We've already set a relative postion, but that only seems to work if the table fits on one page. As said, if it's larger, the header of the table sticks to the header of the page.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

I feel your pain here. All you have to do is:

- (While in design mode), right-click on the Section

- Click Format Section

- Go to the Layout section

** --> Change the "Minimum Top Of Offset" from the default of 0.55 to: 0.00. If it doesn't take it, set it to 0.01.

- Click Apply and OK.

If it doesn't work, logoff. Refresh your browser and try again.

Page one will now be formatted the same as all subsequent pages.

Former Member

steps will resolve the problem.

1. create a blank cell  and place it below the header.

2. Checked repeat on every page property of the cell.

3. Make relative position for this cell to header 0.

4. Make relative position of the block/table to this cell as you want.

will display expected result.

Thanks

Uday Guin

uladzislau_pralat
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

I solved the problem setting relative vertical positioning of a table to 0cm from the Top of Report. Anything other then 0 make space between page header and table different on 1st and subsequent pages.

I also had to increase the height of header to have some space text in page header and the table.

Regards, Uladzislau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try inserting a new table between the page header and your table and hide the new table using formatting (make it look like a single space between the page header and your table) . Then set the relative position of the new table relating to page header and your table relating to the new table. It may work.

Regards

Subasree

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Putting a white border as property is even an easier solution, but that is yet another way to potter/tinker things and which needs to be done for each report. Whereas a global CSS would be the solution, this doesn't seem to work.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddy,

Web Intelligence is not intended for the type of formatting you are trying to accomplish, the concept is to have a quick design tool to extrapolate and analyze data with a medium-high level of formatting.

If you need to have print oriented forms with high level of accuracy then the tool you need is Crystal Reports.

Thank you and regards

Simone

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that, but I would at least expect that it does keep the layout of the first page for the pages after that first page and not decides to do something else.

Secondly, why does one have the ability to alter/specify the CSS when the things are ignored?

manesh_ks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

If you have fixed page size (A4,A3....) then allign the table using Relative position logic and adjust the row and column width so that it fits the page width properly.

Adjusting the height and width will solve your issue with header in 2nd page, you need to know how many records comes in a single page so that based on the count you can decide the height of each row.

Thanks,

Manesh

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That solution is not applicable since we work with user dependant (authorisation wise) hierarchy and one doesn't know many records a user will see and to what extend the expands the hierarchy.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue and resolved it by dragging the page header little bit lower so that Table from second page doesn't stick to the page header.

First page might show little more spacious between page header and table but it does work.

Thanks,

Jothi

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dragging the page header? Do you mean resizing it and making it bigger. I can't move the page header lower.

I order to set the page header lower, I can adjust the margin. But that doesn't make any difference though.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on the page header not the cell and then drag. It should work..

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

In addition to what Parthiban Suggest , check for the display Properties of table , which will helpw you to identify different tables.

Thanks,

Kirthi