Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Inspection Lots for specific batch/vendor combinations

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have the following requirement:

We need to suppres the creation of an inspection lot for specific combinations of batch/vendor within the goods receipt posting (MIGO).

Background: For some vendors and materials we have an contract where the vendor sends us the first "part" of a batch which we check with inspection lot etc.

After this is done, the vendor sends us peu à peu the other "parts" of this batch. We don't need to check these parts again. So we don't need the inspection lots.

Can you suggest any user-exit / badis where i can suppres the creation?

We don't use the qm info records.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel

If you use Q-info record it would be a easy task.

Make quality info record and me source inspection lot. and while check tick in q-info record that no inpsection while GR.

Or

You can try followng baids/exits

inspectionlot_update

Manish

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

thank you for your reply.

I've tried this badi you mentioned but i was not able to find a flag or something that could prevent the creation.

I am interessted in these info records though.

I guess i need to find some documentation and try myself at these records.

Which flags / configurations are important for this case?

You mentioned a few ?

Best Regards

Daniel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are batch managed this is a simple setting in the inspection type.

In the inspection lot control select "material/batch/storage location/material document" control for your 01 inspection type.   This cause every receipt of a batch to be inspected.

Copy the 01 inspection type to say 01APP for approved vendor.  In the 01APP inspection type select the inspection lot control "material/batch/storage location".  This will cause an inspection lot to be created only for the first receipt of a given material/batch.  (We are assuming that all receipts are going into the same storage location). 

If the material is only purchased from approved vendors you can simply deactivate the 01 and activate the 01APP.  If however, the material is sometimes purchased from an unapproved vendor as well as approved vendors, than you have to do a bit more work.  First you have to activate both the 01 and the 01APP inspection type in the material master.  Since you have two inspection types assigned the system won't know what to do.  But there is a user exit for this.

You have to use the user exit QAAT0001 - Inspection type determination different from variant 01

In this exit you have to put logic in it to determine whether to pick 01 or 01APP.  The issue is how you identify and approve vendor/material combinations since you are not using the info records.

If you used the QM info records you could assign a QM system to the material vendor/combination. If a certain system was listed, use the 01APP inspection type, if not use 01.

Since you don't or won't use the info records you have make that identification elsewhere.

If it can be done strictly by vendor, I would probably classify the vendors, (010 vendor class), and identify them as approved or not approved with a characteristic in the vendor class. Assign the 01 inspection type for unapproved, and 01APP for approved.

If you have to track this at a material/vendor level, your best bet is probably a Z table to hold these approvals and select the 01 or 01APP inspection type based on these records.

FF

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Fire Fighter !

This is the (for now) best solution for me. I tried it and it works perfectly.

I will take a look at the Info records though, because they sound pretty interessting and i am not familiar with the concept behind them.

Thanks again.

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Daniel..

For yor requirement following is the answre.

1. Please create Q-Info record. ( if you have alrady created, change it.!)

2. Please remove the tick from Sorce insp. No GR ( what answer Given by Mr . Negi is totally wrong. that check is only for sourse inspection which is not your requirement).

3. In Q info record Go to  Insp. Control tab, and In ispection control Please select no Inpection. for this paricular Vendor Material combination, after complition of MIGo ( i.e Goods receipt) no inspection lot would be generated and material goes to UR. as per your requirement.

Regards,

Aditya

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

thanks for pointing out the info records. I will defenitly try these out.

Best Regards

Daniel