Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App onboarding with Afaria

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Forum Members,

An Android application is compiled with Afaria client libraries, After successful compilation, the application is installed to the device via "Enterprise Android" application policy.

In the policy, the 'apk' file is uploaded and also attached the "application configuration" details to the policy. The user installs the application from the Afaria client, but the configuration details are not reflected.

Please look at the snapshot of the 'configuration' file that was uploaded to the Afaria Server.

{

"autoReleasePeriod":60,

"availableColor":"132E71",

"backgroundColor":"222222",

"darkColor":"132E71",

"deviceAccountId":"",

"devicePassword":"",

"gracePeriod":20,

"lightColor":"F25B0A",

"WebPortalUrl":"",

"refreshTime":2,

"reservedColor":"F25B0A",

"secureDeployment":false,

"textColor":"FFFFFF",

"titleColor":"FFFFFF",

"unavailableColor":"919191"

}

Can anyone please help with right procedure for app onboarding ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you use getSettingsFromAfariaForUrl. This is what we use in iOS. Do you have something similar in Android??

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for the response. I will check and let you know.

I hope the seed file works for Non-SUP applications deployed via Afaria. Am I correct with the understanding ?

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think it should work for Non-Afaria scenarios as well. But then there should be some other API that would have to be called to access the seed data content.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I meant non-SUP applications. The application does not connect to SUP, but directly to non-SAP backend.

But, the customer is using Afaria to deploy/configure the application.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijayendra,

In Android also you do have get settings and get certificate as well.

So, you can maintain your server settings (back-end/server where your application should connect) in configuration settings and get them from your application through afariaSLL library.

Make sure, you install application (.apk) from afaria client and then launch it. Then you will be able to fetch configurations settings.

You can also, get certificate from afaria server for your user to onboard to your backend.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi