SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide upload facility in FMBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BCS-Funds Management from 2009 onwards.

I want to know can we introduce upload facility (xls file) for loading budget in fund center & commitment item using T code FMBB. Since we have no. of line items, instead of copy paste from xls to FMBB, direct upload will facilitate much.

Is there any standard BADi which fulfill this requirement.

Kindly give your opinion on this.

Rgds

Shankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, you can use standard mechanism for Excel upload. Via this algorythm, you wil first upload the planning and then with FMCYLOADN transaction generate the budget. Though, I must admit, that using the BAPI could create a more simple process for the upload: so, if you have ABAPer besides you, then go for it. Ohterwise, use standard customization mentioned above.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. One more remark: if you work with SAP-GUI (i.e. not via Web), then I don't see complication in copy-pasting from Excel to FMBB. FMBB is made in a way, that you can take the entire data in the clipboard (Ctrl+C) and then paste it (Ctrl+V). You don't need to split this operation to the portions of visible rows on the screen.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

Yes, you can upload budget thru BDC or by using BAPI.

Tye to use Bapi BAPI_0050_CREATE for budget loading in FMBB.

Check and let me know any issue on this.

Regards
Rao

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, you can use standard mechanism for Excel upload. Via this algorythm, you wil first upload the planning and then with FMCYLOADN transaction generate the budget. Though, I must admit, that using the BAPI could create a more simple process for the upload: so, if you have ABAPer besides you, then go for it. Ohterwise, use standard customization mentioned above.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. One more remark: if you work with SAP-GUI (i.e. not via Web), then I don't see complication in copy-pasting from Excel to FMBB. FMBB is made in a way, that you can take the entire data in the clipboard (Ctrl+C) and then paste it (Ctrl+V). You don't need to split this operation to the portions of visible rows on the screen.