cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services connectivity with BW on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up Data Services 4.0 connectivity with BW (7.3 SP7) on HANA (rel. 34). I have done everything exactly in the same way as I did earlier for "normal" BW, i.e. TCP/IP RFC connection on BW side with a ProgramID, then RFC server instance on Data Services side. The problem, though, is that I'm getting a connectivity error when testing the connection in SM59:

LogonConnection Error
Error DetailsError when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67
Error DetailsERROR: program DS40PROGRAMID not registered
Error DetailsLOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host BWONHANA.corp.local / sapgw00
Error DetailsDETAIL: TP DS40PROGRAMID not registered
Error DetailsCOMPONENT: SAP-Gateway
Error DetailsCOUNTER: 18536
Error DetailsMODULE: gwr3cpic.c
Error DetailsLINE: 1806
Error DetailsRETURN CODE: 679
Error DetailsSUBRC: 0
Error DetailsRELEASE: 720
Error DetailsTIME: Fri Nov 23 16:56:30 2012
Error DetailsVERSION: 2

Kinda stuck here after scouring OSS Notes and SCN. And, by the way, using Data Services to write directly to HANA tables corresponding to e.g. BW DSO is not considered.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been able to fix the issue finally, yet our Basis admin and I differ about the causes.

My view: Gateway security prohibited registration of external TPs. So I have created sec_info and reg_info files and allowed all TPs, HOSTs and USERs (this is an internal system, so security is not in focus).

Basis admin's view: application and gateway host names are case-sensitive.

I'm pretty sure I had tried all possible case combinations and even the IP addresses directly without success before doing my fix. The Basis admin's argumentation is that by default gateway security allows all TPs to register.

Now as it's working, I have no time to investigate who was right here, so listing both things to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Roman,

We had the same issue and it is reoslved by creating sec_info and reg_info files. Although I have seen this post well before talking to SAP support I had to hold this procedure off as our Basis Admin was not ready to create those files.

SAP support will be releasing a note on this may be next week.(the note is unpublished right now)

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

and gateway is not case sensitive. I have tested it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman

The "Not registered" error message you are getting when testing the RFC connection in transaction SM59, means that the program has not been registered on the source/target system.

It is similar to an issue I usually have when setting up a connection between BW 7.3 and MDM 7.1 systems. Once the connection is created on BW, the error message is displayed, to resolve this issue we normally reboot/restart the MDM server (in some cases we also reboot/restart the BW ABAP instance as well).

You may have to restart your BW and DS instances.

Regards

Derek