cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How queue works

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched here already and didn't get the answer. I know queue can't be created, can only be registered.

I have sender file adapter with EOIO and name a queue HRFILE, I wonder:

1. How IE or AE assign a queue to the name HRFILE?

2. After the queue is registered, does only specified CC can use this queue?

3. What is the life cycle of the queue? Or after finishing use queue, just deregister it?

4. How many queues the IE and AE have respectly?

5. Can a queue be ever deleted?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

Please check this link at Quality of Service EOIO:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please keep posting to clarify the issue.

You will get the correct answer from anyone.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kancham,

Thanks for the link.

According to the link in EO scenario, if there are 5 messages sending one receiver, will be 5 queues created to process these 5 messages in parallel?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

If there are 5 messages arrived for one Receiver, all goes to the same queue.

Otherwise for parallel processing you can set EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL under 'Tuning' in SXMB_ADM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nabendu.

Do you mean unless specify EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL in EO scenario, different messages for the same receiver goes to the same queue, then

1. Even the messages from different senders?

2. If specify EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL, does many queues created will be specified in this parameter?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Yes, it depends only upon the Receiver

2. Yes

Tuning guide suggest : EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL+EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL = (2 X #CPU)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nabendu.

1. What if there are 5 messages and only 2 queues specified in EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL, how these 5 messages will be distributed in the two queues?

2. The two queues above, do they already exist in IE already? since queue can only be registered, not created, so how many queues in IE and AE respectively?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You can not control the assignment of the messages in Queue, you can do queue prioritization.

2. Yes, you can not create queues.

Please find the below Link which will clarify lot of parts:

Understanding XI Queues -Part I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

I really appreciate your help and the link is very helpful. It is a blog, do know where I can find the other parts of the blog? The link just gives the first part of the blog.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

Thank you.

The other part is not available.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might also read the same topic in the tbit document like bit 400 or TBIT 40 to understand better. Basically you will set EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL and EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL parameters to handle multiple messages parallel processing in the queue.

Answers (0)