cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts, Unable to create Hierarchies in Attribute View.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to create hierarchies(Level Based & Parent Child) in Attribute View. When i click on Create button Pop up menu is not coming. one of my friend told  that server version and studio version are not compatible. Actually my server version is 1.00.20.355749, studio version is 1.0.32. Please any one tell me the solution why i'm getting this problem.

Thanks,

Visali Raghava Raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The HANA DB Server and studio should be of same revisions, specially of same support pack. There are lot of changes done to the hierarchies after revision 20 like flexibility of creating hierarchies at calculation view. For this feature, you will have apply revision 32 on HANA server or as Anooj said, go for the latest one available.

Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishali,

When you say your server is Rev 20, I take it that you are referring to the DB revision. That revision is way too old and I am not sure if attribute hierarchies were even available at that point in time. Your studio is showing the option because it is a more recent revision but it can't obviously find the related functionality on the back-end.

I suggest you either get your DB revision to at least 32 (to keep it same as your Studio) or upgrade them all to Rev 41 (which is the latest available as of now).

Thanks,

Anooj