SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass through funding ans student financial aid

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I was studying SAP AG publication for Grantee Management , in one of its area it was indicated that financial aid given to student in the form of loans or any other can be catered through pass through funding scenario. Now how will this work in case where we do not have SAP Student life cycle management SLCM and students have been opened as customers in SAP. Experts please shed some light on this scenario , if it is workable then what will be the process flow.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Pass through funding allows you to link multiple grants together with a grant that is the "pass through" grant. This allows Grant Budget to be received in one grant and consumed in the linked grants. It would appear in your scenario that you could set up multiple grants (one per student award). But this will raise the amount of master data to be created in GM for each student.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Pass through funding allows you to link multiple grants together with a grant that is the "pass through" grant. This allows Grant Budget to be received in one grant and consumed in the linked grants. It would appear in your scenario that you could set up multiple grants (one per student award). But this will raise the amount of master data to be created in GM for each student.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Very true so it will not hold true for our scenario where we have numerous students on scholarships. It appears to me more less like a budget structure in BCS where budget is held at top level and consumption occurs on subordinate fund center linked through budget structure derivation rules. Hence grant here which first receives budget is Grant budget address and grants to whom it is passed through are Grant posting address. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards