SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management as a budget source for Grants Management

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have grant type whose budget source has been set as Funds Management and transfer to FM check box is also on. Now i have a fund center and commitment item which have been assigned to sponsored program and sponsored class master data respectively. I have created a grant with reference to these Sponsored program and sponsored class in initial draft phase. Now i want to post budget in FM and then automatically transfer it to GM as soon grant is awarded. I am following link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/3e/1b7e3cda04f678e10000000a11405a/content.htm .

In FM i have posted a  budget (but did not release it) against an external fund, also against commitment items and fund centers which have been assigned to SC & SP respectively. Grant field is set as non relevant grant.

Now my question is at what point in time budget will be will be updated in Grants management , How will the transfer from FM to GM happen ? Please guide me

Regards

17 REPLIES 17

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

I think this happens when budget is released in FM.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

HI Shyamal:

No it s happening that way, might be i am missing some thing, but upon release of budget how will system update the budget in GM , how will system get to know that has the grant been created for relevant sponsored programs, sponsored classes for which budget which was  posted in FM against FC, CI and fund combination with a dummy. grant. Please clarify. Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

The account assignment Grant is available in FM. So the budget should be entered by Fund, Fund Center, Grant and Commitment Item. After release this should create a document in GM.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Please note that a DUMMY grant has been created in customizing Define "Not-relevant grant". I am following the process e.g

1..1 have 3 Million Research & education budget for year 2012-13  and for a varying sponsored programs and a sponsored class linked with fund center and commitment items respectively

2..Of these 3 Million i am expecting that i will receive 1 Million as grant .

3..In FMBB i ENTER 3 Million budget against DUMMY Grant along with combination of fund,FC & CI.

4.As soon an MOU is signed with Grantor and he releases amount 0.6 Million  for budget i create a Grant master ans set its status to award ..Grant number generated is XYZ

5.Now i n FMBB, i try to release budget again this grant number but system is throwing error that budget amount is not sufficient for release for combination XYZ/FC/CI/Fund , system is true in saying so because earlier budget was entered and posted for DUMMY Grant and now i am trying to release it for Grant XYZ. System does not let me directly ENTER budget in FMBB against Grant XYZ and throws error "Grant XYZ can not be used to enter budget in FM".

Please note that in Grant type budget source has been explicitly defined as "Funds Management"

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

In step 5. should you not transfer budget to the XYZ grant be fore trying to release it? Remember release only changes the status from unreleased to released.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks , got the point .

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

I am testing above scenario , as advised by you, i posted a budget in FMBB against dummy Grant with FC/CI and Fund combination, i did not release it as, now i set grant XYZ to award status, in FMBB i try to transfer budget from dummy grant to this grant using transfer process, system throws an error

"Budget cannot be transferred between grants and/or funds"

What can be the cause of this error ?

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

Please provide details of the error message i.e. message number etc.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal:

Please find error description and attached screen shot

Budget cannot be transferred between grants and/or funds

Message no. GRANTMGMT626

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

This is a GM error message and it cannot be deactivated. I guess the only way then is to reduce budget in the Dummy grant and increase budget in the 100007 grant by the same amount.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hmmmm, but then why it has indicated in link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/3e/1b7e3cda04f678e10000000a11405a/content.htm point number 8

"

If FM is the source, you enter a budget in FM for a given fund relating to a grant that does not exist. When the award is received, you enter this in GM. The system creates a budget transfer in FM, moving the budget you created from the non-existent grant to the grant now received. 

You enter a budget of $1000 in FM for fund Y and grant BLANK. When grant 2 is awarded, the system creates a budget transfer document in FM. This moves the $1000 from grant BLANK to grant 2, but the money remains in fund Y.

• To activate integration, check the Transfer to FM checkbox in the Budget section of the initial grant type screen."

I really wonder how the standard scenario will work as per SAP help mentioned above.

0 Kudos

Atif,

You make a good point. The error is being raised by GM and not FM. In FM and inter-fund transfer is possible. It is possible that the GM error is too broad. I can also think of situations where the sponsor may allow transfers between two grants awarded by the same sponsor. This error would prevent them. I think it is worth requesting an answer from SAP.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

OK i will definitely do that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif, can you share SAP's answer on this issue?

Kind regards

E

0 Kudos

Hi Ellen:

I will definitely update the forum once i get response from SAP.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

I am getting error "Grant ?? does not exists" when creating SC for company code which are assigned to FM area.

But we don't have Grant activated.

Regards,

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Ritesh,

You should create a separate thread for this but you can do the following:

1. Check if Grant is active under Public Sector Management> General Settings for Public Sector Management> Basic Settings: Account Assignment Elements> Activate Account Assignment Elements.

If Grant is still required please set up the Not Relevant Grant (dummy value) under Grants Management> Grantee Management> Global Settings> Set Grant as Not Relevant for Grants Management.

Thanks

Shyam