cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Solution manager be installed on the same system and on the same drive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have just installed the SAP IDES ECC 6.0 on my system. I want to install Solution manager on the same system and on the same drive where SAP IDES ECC 6.0 is installed and can we use the same database which is used by IDES ECC 6.0. I have a bit confusion that whether we can do the same along with the IDES.

Secondly whether we can integrate the system with other landscape which has its own solution manager installed. Please help me and provide me Expert solution for the same. ASAP

SAP Expert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to install two different SAP products into one database, however your system should have sufficient physical resources ( RAM, CPU and storage space).You can use MCOD option to install Solution Manager on ECC 6.0 system.

Check the link and instllation guide for MCOD config

http://scn.sap.com/thread/828784

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide me some installation guide to install solman on the same drive where SAP IDES ECC 6.0 is installed.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert,

The instructions to Install Solution Manager are in the product installation guide that can be located at

HTTP://service.sap.com/instguides Then click S , pick Solution manager, pick the Release version.

There are 3 configurations possible. SIngle System, Distributes system and High Availability System.

You can only implement a single system if you want to install to 1 drive.

Since you asre able to state what drive you want to install, that should meet you requirement sto install it on the same drive as IDES ECC 6.0. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't IDES just for DEMO purposes? are you creating a demo system?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Thanks for you valuable time & reply. Yes I just want to create demo system for BBP but further it will be in the landscape.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert,

You can have an IDES system in the landscape, but these systems have been configured for demonstration purposes and would not recommend any real use.

I believe Depam answered your question

Regards,

Paul