SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM-GTE and asset legacy data upload startegy

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are using document splitting with Segment as characteristics. There are 5 segments, for each segment profit center and cost centers hierarchies has been defined to facilitate FM & GM derivations. In segment 1, FM-BCS is used since in it current funds are used and allocated to department and in the remaining segment receipts from grantors are recorded and budget is booked. I have few questions regarding legacy data upload from perspective of GM-GTE.

1.There are like 6000 legacy assets in system for which grant was received and budget was posted, now when we upload them in system i guess they will only derive dummy grant but how i am confused about GM-GTE asset upload data strategy.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Please note that I have never used Segments and Profit Centers together with GM. In general we use FMGLFLEXT (Fund, Business Area and Grants) or PSGLFLEXT as the NGL table because it contains Grant as a characteristic.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi:

I think we use document splitting Grant wise when we wish to draw balance sheet based on Grants but here we do not have such scenario so we are using document splitting with Segment characteristics.

Regards