cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation from WDA appilication to WDJ application with parameter.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have requirement to use both WDA and WDJ application for Compensation Planning.

User want the first screen for compensation is in WDA (which is based on HCM_ECM_PLANNING_OVERVIEW_OIF application).

From there OnClick of Review details button  they want to move to present compensation planning screen (MSS compensation which is in WDJ). They also want to pass few parameters (exp Organization Unit ) from WDA application to WDJ application.

So can anyone please tell if this kind of approach is feasible? If it is at all possible to navigate from WDA to WDJ application?

Any kind of input is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sambarna Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

put two iview in one page, they can communicate via portal event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me how do we handle parameters from WDA to WDJ application.

Initially WDA application (iview) should only visible and onaction of a button from that application we need to call a WDJ application (iview).

So how do I handle the visibility of iview within a page dynamically.

That is onaction of a button from WDA application if we are calling a WDJ iview how can we fetch the parameter into the WDJ application.

What I found that from WDA application we can call a iview by PCD path and can append parameter. But I am not sure how to fetch that prameter to the WDJ applicaiton and use it.

Totally confused!! Please help.

Regards,

Sambaran Chakraborty

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

initially the wdj is visible, but with an empty view. so don't have to control the visibility, i think

search "web dynpro portal event", which will tell you how to send data from wda to wdj and other way round.