cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error processing XSLT Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've build a RFC to Mail interface. The Mail structure is mapped through a XSLT mapping. In de PI 7.1 enviroment it works propperly. But in my new 7.31 enviroment I'm getting the following error:

Mapping "urn:namespace/operation_mapping" failed to execute: MappingException: Unexpected error while parsing the multi-structure document, NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method javax.xml.stream.XMLEventWriter.add(javax.xml.stream.events.XMLEvent) of an object loaded from local variable 'writer'

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: Unexpected error while parsing the multi-structure document

I've looked at the SAP note 1723202. But I'm already running on PI 7.31 Service Pack 5.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP released the following note for this problem:

Hope it can you with the XSLT mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, mate.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you resolved your issue? We are having the same problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bai Li,

I've send the error to SAP. The PI Development team is currently developing a fix for this problem.

When I know more I'll try to post it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx, Schouten. Please do keep me posted as we have a few XSLT mappings used in the operation mappings. Did SAP give you a timeline on the fix?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the message from SAP:

Expected Processing:

Processing planned by:                   18.01.2013

Reason:

The fix should be submitted, tested, validated and released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the update, Schouten. Will wait for you to get me the fix Thank you.

Erik_Hubers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

any news on this problem? I am facing a same issue

bes regards,

Erik

Erik_Hubers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

found the problem for issue I had. In the xslt I used

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

When changed the indent to "no" the problem is solved.

Hopes this helps you too.

Best regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We managed to get rid of xslt mapping as a workaround. I will try your solution when next interface with xslt mapping comes along.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K. Schouten,

I guess you might need to run the code in local system with correct XSLT version and see if changes are required in the code for PI 7.3.  Possibly PI 7.3 is using a higher version of XSLT. Please download and install a good  editor with latest version of XSLT support and rerun the code.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're saying that PI 7.31 uses XSLT 2.0 instead of XSLT 1.0?

But the mapping is working on the Test tab of the Operation Mapping. So I would guess the XSLT structure is oké.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K. Schouten,

Well to be sure in all cases I would create a new simple  test scenario say file to file in PI 7.3 and test with a new simple XSLT mapping whether all goes well. If I succeed with a simple mapping I slowly increase its complexity until it becomes the required one. If I do not succeed with new simple mapping then I would go for SAP consultation.

Regards

Anupam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Schouten,

But the mapping is working on the Test tab of the Operation Mapping.

Have you tried with the XML extracted from monitoring?, may be the XML is different in one namespace or similar that the XML generated automatically in the Operation Mapping test tab.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have using the XML from the monitoring.

I've reported the problem at SAP.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K. Schouten,

Is the error uniform for all XSLT mapping or only for one of the mapping?

If its only for one specific mapping then I do not think SAP consultation will help here.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error applies for all the XSLT mappings. Hope SAP can help:).

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello K. Schouten,

did you activate "Use SAP XML Toolkit" in your Operation Mapping?

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, I did try that option. But it doesn't affect the output of the interface.