Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No action on Submit Button in Interactive Form in some systems

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am on EP 7.0 SP08

I have an application which uses Adobe forms for filling some input fields and then user clicks on Submit button (in Adobe form itself ) to submit the form.

The problem is that The Submit Button which I have used in the Form is not working in any system except the system I have developed the application on.

I am doubting it is something related to Adobe Reader version or Browser setting.

As I am new to Adobe form, I doubt if I am using the correct method to use a button in the form. While designing, I have used -- Insert -> Webdynpro ActiveX --> Submit. XML Source of this button is written below for reference.

I have tried using Adobe Reader 8.1,9,11 X. ACF 7.12 is also installed on all the systems.

Please help as this is a production issue.

Thanks in Advance.

REGARDS,
NAVIN MITTAL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XML Source of the button :

<field name="submitToSAP1" w="81.2849mm" h="6.7634mm" x="65.4072mm" y="212.552mm">
                  <ui>
                     <button/>
                  </ui>
                  <caption>
                     <value>
                        <text>Accept and Submit</text>
                     </value>
                     <para vAlign="middle" hAlign="center" spaceAbove="0pt" spaceBelow="0pt" textIndent="0pt" marginLeft="0pt" marginRight="0pt"/>
                     <font size="12pt" typeface="Arial" weight="bold" baselineShift="0pt"/>
                  </caption>
                  <border>
                     <edge stroke="raised"/>
                     <fill>
                        <color value="212,208,200"/>
                     </fill>
                  </border>
                  <event activity="click">
                     <script contentType="application/x-javascript">// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.382540 - SubmitToSAP.xfo

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY</script>
                  </event>
                  <bind match="none"/>
                  <assist>
                     <toolTip>Accept Form and Submit</toolTip>
                  </assist>
               </field>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are on NetWeaver 7.0 SP8, your interactive form probably does not work as the ZCI script in your form is out of date

//DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.382540

Updating the ZCI script should fix the issue. See this note for more info.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1077953

In NetWeaver 7.01/7.02/7.11/7.2/7.3x (but not in NetWeaver 7.10),  updating the ZCI script in the form is no longer needed. The Adobe Document Service (ADS) will inject the ZCI script into the form at runtime, thus overriding the ZCI script in the form.

Since you said the form works in your development environment, is your development ADS newer than NetWeaver 7.0 SP8? Even if you are on a NetWeaver 7.0 SP8 portal in development, the ADS service can be hosted elsewhere.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't use "Webdynpro ActiveX "

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

Can you explain more explicity what to be used if not Webdynpro Activex.

Is this a known issue with this version.

Regards,

Navin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

web dynpro native

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks , I am trying the same by changing the Interactive form property from Activex to Native and then using the button of type Native.

Will let you know if it solves the problem once I test it.

Rgds,

Navin

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem that no action happens is solved by changing the button type to native from my system.

But now some other issue is appearing.

Again, only some times, when I click on the Button, it keeps rounding for infinite period and nothing gets executed.

There is no complex logic or data volume which can cause this.

Regards,

Navin Mittal