cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have hosted our website on softsyshosting.com (shared hosting) and found that Crystal reports did not work. I am getting the following error message.

Since this is shared hosting I do not have permission to install anything there.

==========================

An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime.

Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.

Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required.  Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime.

Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required.  Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

===============================

When I contacted them they said  they have Crystal Report 10.5.3700.0

So I developed a small website in Visual Studio 2008 and attached the referenced of Crystal Report 10.5.3700 and uploaded these on the server. Unfortunately this did not work either.

Let me give you a brief of what I have done and tried so far:

-Website developed in MS VS 2008

-Crystal Reports for VS 2008 (10.5.3700.0)

-Set the Target platform as x86 when building the deployment.

Server Settings

=============

-Crystal Report 10.5.3700.0

-IIS is enabled to run 32-bit application

-They also informed me that they have installed Visual Studio 2010 but did not install the Crystal Reports for VS 2010.

I have gone through several forums and the common solution was installing the correct version of runtime.Since I do not have that luxury. I have to use the available runtime installed on the shared server , which is (10.5.3700.0).

Another suggestion was to enable 32-bit application option in the IIS. which I asked them and they did.

I dont know what I am missing here. please advice.

Regards,

Osman Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error indicates that either the runtime was not installed (irrespective of what the ISP says) or they have installed the 64 bit runtime for CR 10.5 and your app is 32 bit and thus will not use the 64 bit runtime.

VS2010 would not come into the picture at all in this scenario.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

0 Kudos

And ask the ISP to run Process Monitor for your app and it should show them there are a lot of missing components or your app does not have sufficient permissions to access the CR dependencies and runtime.

Answers (0)