Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map password in ldapmap (rpldap_extract)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want replicate all my employee user from R3 to LDAP.

All it is ok, but... I can not send the password.

How can send the password to LDAP with the rpldap_extract and the mapping ldapmap

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

It is not possible to export the password from SAP to LDAP. In fact it is not possible to extract passwords from SAP.

Passwords are not stored in SAP DB but only a hash value obtained after the password entered at logon. Each logon the has is obtained again and compared to the stored value.

When you integrate HR data with an LDAP directory (AD or other)  and you want to use the same password in SAP and in LDAP , the usual way is that password is manage by LDAP directory / AD and SAP validates against AD password. This is possible for Web applications (Portal or ABAP Webdynpro) using SAP NW Java Stack and LDAP integration.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I continue with the problem... any idea?

0 Kudos

In my opinion it should not be possible to extract the password in a readable or re-usable form from the SAP system, or from any IT-system for that matter.

For what purpose do you want to export it?

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say LDAP, are you referring to Active Directory or a different product which supports LDAP ? I assume you are trying to solve some kind of authentication issue - can you explain your requirements in more detail so we can help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

It is not possible to export the password from SAP to LDAP. In fact it is not possible to extract passwords from SAP.

Passwords are not stored in SAP DB but only a hash value obtained after the password entered at logon. Each logon the has is obtained again and compared to the stored value.

When you integrate HR data with an LDAP directory (AD or other)  and you want to use the same password in SAP and in LDAP , the usual way is that password is manage by LDAP directory / AD and SAP validates against AD password. This is possible for Web applications (Portal or ABAP Webdynpro) using SAP NW Java Stack and LDAP integration.

Regards,