cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter not picking any files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am working on File -> SAP PI 7.31 -> ECC.

There are some files like Test1.txt,Test2.txt kep on shared folder and so on. These files of shared folder are at an external disk within our client landscape and the same can be accessed by using IP address like \\192.161.17.110\Files\.All the related configuration objects has been created in ID.

My config part for Cc:

Sender Adapter : File

Transport Protocol : File System (NFS)

Message Protocol: File

Adapter Engine : Central Adapter Engine

File Access Parameter :

Source Directory : \\192.161.17.110\Files\

File Name : Test1.txt

Quality in Service : Exactly in Once

Poll Interval : 600

Processing mode : Set to Read only

File Type : Binary

Did testing by 2 means:

1.Pinged the communication channel and found the error Channel CC_FileSystem: Directory \\192.161.17.110\Files\ does not exist with my login user of

RWB.

2. In the NWA Log viewer , it shows the same error CC_FileSystem: Directory \\192.161.17.110\Files\ does not exist with the user J2EE_GUEST.

At the same time , I can access these parameters with my personal windows user.

I have doubt whether

1.The PI user J2EE_GUEST needs full authorisation to access it . What input shoudl I share with BASIS team ?

2.Any troubleshooting, please share....

Regards

Alice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alice,

Credentials that you test against the FTP server should be not J2EE_GUEST, but the one you specify in the respective file sender communication channel. If the specified user is lacking authorization, then this particular user should be granted the authorization on the FTP server. Please note that this is not the user maintained in PI itself, but the user that is used by PI (by the communication channel) and that is maintained on the FTP server.

In order to test FTP communication from PI, you can use XI JDBC/FTP connection test and XML validation tool that you can download from the SAP Note 1085539 and deploy to the PI system. After deployment, you can access FTP test tool via alias /ftpjdbc/ftp/FTP_TestClient.html. From there, you can specify FTP host and port as well as credentials (user and password) that you maintained in the file sender communication channel and examine if the connection test will be successful or not.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vladim,

Thanks for your useful information.

Vladim the Source Directory in the sender File Cc points to Physical storage and this not a FTP server. So I used the transport protocol as NFS where there is no user parameter for Sender File Adapter.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Alice

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Sorry, I didn't notice it wasn't FTP, but NFS. For NFS transport protocol, PI accesses the respective file system using the operating system user who is used to start the PI instance. J2EE_GUEST is the user of PI application server (maintained in PI system, but diesn't existing on OS level) - meaning, the file sender communication channel is executed in the security context of this user in PI, but it isn't the user who accesses the file in the file system. Since here we deal with the problem of accessing the file system itself, we then should concentrate on OS level users. Together with your colleagues from Basis team, you can check which user was used when starting the PI system (e.g. SAPService<SID> for Windows, <sid>adm for Unix) or using audit features of the operating system, figure out which user was accessing the file when the communication channel was polling. Knowing this user, please ensure that it has access to the folder/file that is polled by File adapter.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Transport Protocal: NFS works on the concept that It access the files only which are placed in the PI server installed machine.

Please check whether the specified IP in the eralier posts is your PI host.

Regards,

Sreeni.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Well, precisely speaking, there is a possibility to access files located on remote hosts using NFS transport protocol - but in this case, corresponding shares should be mounted and visible for the respective OS user of the PI host.

If PI runs on Windows platform, you can e.g. map the remote shared folder to some disk letter on the PI host and use it in the communication channel. Technically speaking, you can even use UNC path when specifying the source directory in the communication channel. For Windows based installation of PI, you should verify that the mounted share is visible and accessible for the user SAPService<SID>.

If PI runs on Unix-like patform, you should ensure that the share is mounted to the local file system. Unfortunately, normally it isn't possible to use UNC path in case  PI runs on Unix. For Unix based installation of PI, you should verify that the mounted share is visible and accessible for the user <sid>adm.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim, Thanks .. i was looking for an answer to the question and ur reply here helped me.... I want to know further whether we can change the OS user "SApService<SID>" to something else.

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PI can pick files via "NFS" from external server as "\\server\folder"

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

If the file resides in PI File System (as you are using NFS protocol), then you can directly mention the folder path not by using '\\192.161.17.110\Files\'. Please check in AL11 transaction whether you can see the file and the path correctly or not. If its YES, then check with Basis team to create an user who can access (READ and WRITE) to the corresponding folder path and file. It will resolve your issue.

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Alice,

Please try this, it might work.

\\\\192.161.17.110\\Files\\

Baskar