cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please explain the meaning of the Dynamic Modification Rule described below?

Stage
Insp Sev
SkipIStShort TextSTC
No. of  Insp
Max skip durationNew Stage
RejectionsNew Insp Stage
X***********X1
X
***********X3276730311

***********X1

I need to confirm if my understanding of the concept is correct.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it is the standard example provided by SAP for DMR when you want to use the maximum number of days in a skip stage.

In the scenario you posted, it looks like the intent is to ensure an inspection every month.

Why it works this way I'm not entirely sure.

The first step is a single inspection.  If it fails, it remains on step one.

If it passes it moves to the second stage which is a skip stage.  Here it will allow 32767 skip inspections.  But it has a max duration of 30 days.  At the end of thirty days it will go to the next stage.  I think this SHOULD also be a skip stage however.  Since the programming doesn't allow it to go to another skip stage, it goes to the REJECT stage of the 3rd stage without actually executing the 3rd stage.

As you have it now, I believe it will go to the third stage and execute that.  Which on a pass it goes back to the skip stage, on a reject back to the initial stage.  So it might still work as you want.  But that would depend on if the DMR level is processed at the time of UD and or at time of lot creation and how fast/often you get new lots and/or how long it takes you to process open lots.

I highly recommend you set this up in a test box, set skip duration to 1 or 2 days and test it over the course of week of so.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Skip-to-stock process,DMR is created on Lot creation / to usage decision.

As per your given table

1. initial stage(1),Normal inspection(4(inspection severity )),No.of inspection lots(1) if lot accepted it move to stage(2) / Rejected move to stage(1)(means same stage).

2.Same way skip stage(2),Skip inspection(4),No.of inspection lots(32767)with in Max duration of 30 days,  if lot accepted it move to stage(3) / Rejected move to stage(1)(Normal inspection).

3.For stage(3) is same as stage(1) based on inspection severity(4) there is no change.

In skip lot stage(2), Accept new stage you can keep stage(1) instead of stage(3).

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Then please tell us first: what IS your understanding of the concept?

Regards

MH