cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run Display Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

After updating MII to version 12.2.4.92 it became unable to run any Display Templates. Every attempt to run or test template (or applet) leads to the following error - "500 Internal Server Error".

Can someone help me to find the cause of this error?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

I suppose you are getting this error when you run an applet from workbench.

I had also faced this issue and after going through several threads and solutions as well,that was not resolved.The display template should work fine when put in an irpt page.

Please go through my thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3252121

It has reference to other threads as well.

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Thank you a lot for helping me!

Indeed, when I inserted applet code into .irpt page, the applet was displayed in browser. Unfortunately it was empty ("No data available" message only). Query Template used in applet works correctly and shows data in testing mode. But when I try to display that Query's data through iGrid applet, "No data available" message appears. 

I have already viewed related threads, their main idea is to update NetWeaver. I have checked our NetWeaver version, it is 7.11 SP09 which satisfy system requirements (listed in SAP Note 1738883) for SAP MII SP 04.

Are there any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

Few clarifications:

1. You are getting the error you mentioned in your original post when you test the display template directly from the workbench?

2.When you put that in an irpt,it shows up but the data is not loaded but you do not get any error as you get in #1 ?

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

According to your qustions:

1. "Internal Server Error" occures when I test display templates in workbench (action "Test" or Dynamic Page Generator as well);
  2. Yes, when I insert applet with display template into IRPT, browser shows applet (no error) but data is not loaded.

Have you faced the same issue?

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

Ok, its more clear now.

No, I got the error only while testing the display template from WB but it worked absolutely fine in irpt.

Seems some mapping issue because as you are getting the results from your query template,displaying it in an applet should not be an issue.Few things I can suggest:

1. Check your applet configuration and settings to display the data properly.

2. Try extracting the data from the display template in irpt page by right clicking (to check if the data is coming in the back end but not showing up).

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

If I've understood you correctly, I should right click on applet in browser, select "Data" option and then exctract data? If so, context menu items are unavailable, except "Refresh" option.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

Yes that is what I was suggesting.

Can you attach a screenshot of the screen after you right click on the applet.

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

You can find attached the requested screenshot. As we are using Russian interface language, I've made translations for you.

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

I would suggest you to check the mappings and links of your display template.The results are not passed to the display template and hence you are getting 'No Data Available' message.

Its not possible to say where exactly its missing unless and until the query and display templates are known.

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I've checked iGrid applet links for display template and found some mistakes. After correction I can successfuly receive data on web-page!

Unfortunately, I still get "Internal Server Error" while trying to test my display templates in workbench. We will try to resolve this problem with our BASIS team as a parallel task.

Nevertheless, now I can successfuly work with display templates as parts of IRPT pages, so I am able to continue development!

Thank you a lot!

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliy,

That sounds good 🙂

Even I have not resolved the issue of testing the display template directly from the workbench and working on it as a parallel activity with my implementation.Please do update this thread if you find any solution,it will be a great help.

Cheers!!

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Anuj, I will!

Answers (0)