cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will Load Balance happen with JRA-JCO combination in MII??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to implement Load balance between different application server in MII 12.2.3 build 185 . In BLT i'm keeping all the read BAPI's with JRA and update BAPI's with JCO .The reason why i'm going  all update BAPI's with JCO is , i am not able to update Userid into R/3 with JRA .if i can use JCO for Upadate BAPI then i can able to update the userid into R/3.

My Doubt is,

1.  Whether Load Balance concept can be implemented with JRA-JCO combination  .??

2. if i go with JRA alone common user id ZXMII is getting updated in R/3. is there any other way to update  user id based on different User with JRA BAPI? for this purpose i have already posted these threads

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3268281

http://scn.sap.com/message/13667037#13667037

Please share your thought on this .

Regards,

Annamalai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Load balancing will work with either JCo or JRA and is based on the combination of User, Logon Group & R/3 Name.  I do not believe that if you make a call via JCo and then another call via JRA (even if the user was the same technical user) that the request will load-balance like you want them to.

JRA will not allow you to pass the SAP SSO2 session cookie of the MII user to ERP since it's a connection pool managed at the NetWeaver platform level and not at the MII Application Level.  JCo will allow this since MII can create a new connection with the SSO2 authenticated user.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Mike & Sam

Sam - From your  statement can i come to the conclusion like below

1. User ID can not be updated to R/3 with JRA  since JRA SSO is not possible.

2. To know who is doing what transaction in MII , JCO is the best .

3.We have not implemented Load balancing so far .  Can you please  assertively say Load balancing can be implemented with JCO itself  ? till date we thought that JRA alone support Load balancing by supporting multiple application server ? May be we could have wrongly understood this concept .

4. I want Load balancing concept as well as user id updation in R/3 . shall i go ahead with JCO itself ?

Regards,

Annamalai.

0 Kudos

Annamalai,

1. Correct, this doesn't appear to be possible unless the BAPI has a field that can accept the username for tracking purposes but not for authentication use.

2. Correct, in my testing exerience it also performs better than JRA

3. Yes, load balancing is supported by MII when using the JCo interface.

4. Yes.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much sam for your valuable input. i shall try  Load balancing with JCO and update here..

Annamalai.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annamalai,

I will try to get some technical folks to respond to your posting.  As I said in one of the other postings, I am not an expert in JRA/JCo, but thought that your JRA/JCo approach made sense for your scenario.

Regards, Mike