cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Chains with SAP Solution Manager Job Scheduling Management (BC-XBP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have some questions about the SAP Job Scheduling Management within the SAP Solution Manager System 7.1. (BC-XBP, without SAP CPS by Redwood) I want to use this compontent to document and maintain all jobs within the connected satellite systems. Until yesterday I assumed, that I can also schedule job chains via the Work Center "Job Management". The reason, why I thought this is, because you can enter a lot of dependencies with other job documentations via the register "restrictions" of the job request and the job documentation form. So my question: Is this only for documentation issues and not for technical implementation?

Further, you have the opportunity to create a job chain documentation via the work center "Job Management". By creating a Job Chain Documentation you have the possibility to enter a job chain structure with different jobs. What for is this good for? Can I use this attributes for the technical scheduling of the jobs?

I hope you experts can give me an advice on how to understand this topics and if it is possible to maintain periodical job chains with the SAP Job Scheduling Management (without SAP CPS by Redwwod!).

Many thanks for your help and a nice day!

Kind regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Martin_Lauer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

the Structure tab of the Job Chain Documentation is available for documentation purpose

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/39/ca7fdf37be46c38f5a087713aaf035/frameset.htm

JSM/Solution Manager does not act as a job scheduler but JSM transfers the job schedule to an external job scheduler, so either the SAP System (SM36/SM37) or an scheduler that supports the Solution Manager Scheduling Enabler (SMSE) interface, for example SAP CPS by Redwood.

Therefore JSM is bound to the limitations of the external job scheduler.

Kind regards,

Matin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I´m working on the implementation of Job Documentation with SAP Solution Manager 7.1 without CPS by Redwood, like you and I´m struggeling with the same question: Can I use the Job Chain Documenation for scheduling a job chain?

I created a Job Chain Documentation with several Jobs on the tab "Job Chain Structure", but when I schedule this job chain I get the error message "no steps defined".

Did you find an answer on this?

Thank you and kind regards

Alexandra