cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element grayed out in service activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

when creating an service activity in cj20n the cost element field is grayed out in main service screen.After pressing enter key,the service PR screen appears in that cost element is input field.But entering the cost element in servive screen ,its displaying an error messege "Enter G/L Account,Message no. ME083".i cant able to enter the cost element manually.So from from i find an thread related this ,mentioned that in field selection for N/W detail i made cost element filed as input.still its in grayed out.

So i tried from N/W profile,i assigned cost element for service activity.Then as mentioned above i tried ,here this error message is not appearing.Service PR is creating with out error. Here also once again am entering manually after assigning in N/W profile.

Pls can u explain y it is not possible to create service activity with out assigning cost element in N/W profile.Am working in EHP 5.

thank u.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls can u explain y it is not possible to create service activity with out assigning cost element in N/W profile.Am working in EHP 5.

You can actually automate population of cost element in case of creation of service PR.

Populating the cost element is pretty dangerous thing as user can choose the wrong cost element.

Following are the steps:

1) Please create 'material group' for each of the services you avail

2) Assign valuation class to material group in SPRO > Material Management > Purchasing > Material Master > Entry aids for items without material master

3) For each of the valuation class, carry out automatic account determination(specially GBB-VBR) so that automatic determination is possible.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i understood that,we have to give cost element in N/W profile.so automatically it will consider the cost element from N/W profile while creating Service activity.

Then y we have to assign VBR in service master.(from this also i will pick right?)

whether these both two process we have to follow

1.Cost element in N/W profile(500030023)

2.Service master assigned to valuation class ->VBR(500030023)

if its wrong pls suggest....

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can skip step 1 if you want, but even if you maintain there is no harm.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u mahendra.........

Answers (0)