Did you mean: 

Start Date in the Past: Macro Not saving results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Macro Experts,

I have a very basic problem with a really basic macro

It does not save results in the past when executed

Tried all this

Assign another set of planning buckets to DV: long past months and some months in future

Creation of another data view with above time buckets

Macro iterations - total, manual, time dependent. Starts in the long past and ends in current period

Macro execution level changes.- details, all planning objects, agg level

Input from date in DV, planning start date in DV, all starting in the long past

Macro - input/output and output only

I am getting this dialog pop up in every case

Return Ignored Values

KF: KF Description: Bucket: Date is before Past date

Question: How to fix this ? So that I can save the Macro results in the past.

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gulab,

have you checked in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN wheter your existing time series extend long enough in the past as to cover the periods where you want to save? If not, even if everything seems fine at the planning book level, the system will produce such messages when trying to save data.

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James and Pratyush

Planning Area has time series initialized sufficiently in past and future and I have checked everything.

I get the message despite this.

Any other possibility ?

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens because in Planning area definition (key fig details) the check box.. "do not change data in the past" is checked. Dataview settings do not take precedene in such case...and mistakes in planning area always means waste of time.. SAP should do something about this..esp. change of key figure properties and disaggregation basis without having to deinit and reinit the planning area.

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally you do not need to deinit planning area for these things, you can do it "live" in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN --> your planning area --> right click --> change keyfgure settings. When you do it in a productive system, however,  SAP recommends you do a backup first. Never found a problem though. Also works for dissgregation settings.

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James for your prompt reply.

THIS IS A BRILLIANT. Saw this the first time.

Until now I was used to 4.1 and I missed to notice this in 7.0 that I have been lately using.

Can't seem to award full points 🙂 on the same thread but really appreciate this.

Responses like these can really alleviate so much pain and suffering in the world. My DP instructor of a world class academy never told me this.

Thanks

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I aslo ask on the same context if Key figures of Type APO have restrictions wrt Back up. I created a export data source and back up cube of planning area but I dont see key figrue data. tried multiple times in the past

This is in 4.1

I haven't heard any statement anywhere incl. help.com saying that key figures of type APO can/cannot be backed up

Thanks once again

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I don´t have information about this one. I guess it will be ok, but it is just an educated guess.

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James

It does not back up key figure values. I see 0.00000 against all key figs and these are of type APO as I check in the tables. May be there is some hidden note on this. I couldn't discover anything after days long search on www and service.sap.

Let me check this is 7.0 and revert for everyone's benefit.

Thanks

Guru

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru, Have you checked the time bucket profiles?