cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document status changes while copying blueprints between project and solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm in the process of copying all my blueprint documents from an implementation project to a solution. In my project, all my documents are in status - Released. When I copy them over to a solution the status is automatically reset to In Processing. I'm not sure why this is happening. I now have to have change the status back to Released?

Can anyone help me understand the reason behind this behaviour? Also, if this is how solution manager works is there a batch job to change the status for all documents?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further update (again),

If you are unable to implement SP5 for whatever reason, you can implement note 1605780.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1605780

Once implemented the documents copied from project will not have the prefix "Copy from".

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1452855 addresses this query. It includes 2 programs - one for Solution and one for Project, that performs batch update of document statuses.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1452855

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further update, as of Solution 7.1 SP5 there are two options available that controls how the copy is performed. While selecting the scenarios from the Solution Directory you can click on the "Copy Options" button. This will give you 2 options as listed below.

1. Keep title of original document - This ensures that the "copy of" prefix isnt added to the document title anymore.

2. Keep status of original document - This ensures that the statuses do not get reset to "In Processing" during transfer. Hence you need to run the 2 programs mentioned in the previous post.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ganesh