cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process & Forms - Web Dynpro Value Help Popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed a Web Dynpro component to be used as an input help for fields in custom forms used in HCM Processes and Forms.

In the form, I added a button with the following code in "mouseDown" and "click" events.

::mouseDown: - (FormCalc, client) ---------------------------------

$record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT = "USER_EVENT_POPUP"

$record.HRASR_FORM_WINDOW.DATA[*].FIELD.value = "<WD component name>"

$record.HIJ_DATE_FIELD_NAME.DATA[*].FIELD.value = "<field name>"

::click: - (JavaScript, client) -----------------------------------

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

Now we have two behaviors for this script when executed within the process:

1- When this button is clicked, the first time it clears all pre-filled fields in the form. Then the next click calls the web dynpro popup as expected.

2- If I change any field value in the form, then click the button,  it calls the web dynpro popup with all fields maintaining their values (desired behavior).

Kindly advise how to eliminate this first call that re-initializes the form and makes it loose all the pre-filled values.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

This happens when form looses control when doing a background trip.

You can handle this by providing one text field in that particular subform or main subform.

Text type- Textfield

Visiblity- Invisible

Binding - bind it with Controlparameter-ISR_EVENT  i.e. $.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT

Use ISR Native control OBJECTS for this.

Cheers,

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lalit for the clarification.

Actually I fixed that by adding the field containing the field name to an operation in the generic service and then created a customer event including all the form fields with "check" operation. Then I called this event instead of "USER_EVENT_POPUP".

Thanks.

Answers (0)