cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Models - CFM1 in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we found a number of Z* variants for our program RIMODGEN (transaction CFM1, generate integration models). We figured out that these come from clicking the save button after clicking execute and seeing the number of objects selected. We thought we need to click save in order to have the selection automatically loaded into RIMODAC2 ( transaction CFM2, activate/deactivate integration models) to activate. However this is creating the Z* variants. We found that this still will load even if we dont click save. But aside from that, we want to know if we can delete these Z* transactions without any repercussion.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

I shall attempt to explain the system behavior.

In CFM1 you define the selections of master and transaction data objects to be transferred and master data selections by the integration model. You execute to see the number of combinations being selected by the integration model at that instant. You save (by giving a suitable variant name) so that later on you can pull up the same instead of creating a new Integration Model all over again.

Such a set of Integration Model variants can be activated using CFM2. Activation is actually when the master or transaction data is sent to APO system.

The normal background nightly process is to first generate the integration models (RIMODGEN) preferably using the variants created (say you have mentioned the following selection criteria Material = *, Plant = XYZ, MRP Tpye = X0). If you have created any new material or switched the MRP Type to X0 during the day is now picked up in the Integration Model which is then transferred in the next step RIMODAC2 where the same variant is used for the data transfer.

Hope this clarifies the process.

So you can delete extra Z variants if these are NOT used in RIMODAC2 report. You can create them suitably anytime later on.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the process. We have created several variants and used these to pull the selection criteria for our nightly background jobs as well as interactively using CFM1 & CFM2, when needed.

However, when we execute CFM1 interactively, using one of those variants we have already created, then click save after the system selects the objects, an additional variant with a Z* name is created. Not sure why.

In order to have the iModel generated, we need to click save so that when we go into CFM2 interactively, we can activate the iModel we just generated.

My question is, can we delete these "extra" Z* variants that are created. And if anyone knows of a different way to do this process so that we can avoid having the system create these Z* variants and us having to manually delete them.

It doesn't seem to be creating the Z* variants when these programs are executed in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

Do not use CFM1,

Instead use CFM2 after deactivating the relevant variant.

The system creates a new model everytime you save as it cannot make changes in an existing active integration model.

There is no impact on deleting the variants as long as those model objects(material,plants, orders etc) are covered in other active integration models.

Thanks & Regards

Santanu Dawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not clear on your response. How can I only use CFM2? I tried only using CFM2, and after saving, it did not create another iModel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why does the system create Z* variants when the program is executed using cfm1, but not when running the program in the background?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

OK lets start one point at a time

Working with Variants

Since the system does not save the selection options you make when creating an integration model, you have to save the settings as a variant on the selection screen. By working with variants you are able to reuse the settings you have saved whenever you want. If you want to recreate an integration model at a later point in time, you can call up the required variant by choosing the Select Variant symbol on the toolbar at the top of the selection screen.

Integration Model Versions

If you <b>regenerate</b> an integration model, the system <b>automatically generates a new version of this model</b>(answer to why). Different versions of an integration model are distinguished by their date and time of creation, as well as by the filter objects that they contain. You can create as many versions of an integration model as you wish. However, only one version may be active at any time.

Changing an Integration Model

Its recommend that you

1. Change an existing variant of the integration model, generate a new version using transaction CFM1, and then delete the variant.

Or

2. Change the existing variant in CFM6 after deactivating the model to keep the same variant. This does not generate a new variant as it doed not allow to make changes until you have deactivated the model.

When you run the job in background for RIMODGEN.

It automatically runs RIMODAC2 --> RIMODDEL --> RIMODGEN --> RIMODAC2 in that sequence. So it doesnot create a new variant as it is actually only changing an existing variant.

Hope it helps

Regards

Santanu Dawn

Message was edited by:

Santanu Dawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santanu.

I understand what iModels are, the purpose and how they work. I am ultimately curious about how to deal with the Z* variants and how to avoid them if possible.

I am going to look into your two options below for changing an integration model.

Thanks for your help.

Stacy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my last sentence, I meant to say Z* variants.

Thanks.