Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me if User Id's can be moved from one client to another???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have same problem as some one else. I am trying to find a way to move few or many users from one client to another. Is there a transaction available or program to move them.

e.g. there is a SCC1 transaction available to move transport only from one client to another without going through TMS.

Is there any trick available to move just Users Id's from client to client???

thnx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syd,

You can try running RSCLCCOP. for more information browse:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/36/b723a7209a31f2e10000009b38f984/frameset.htm

But i suggest that you write SCAT/LSMW Script to create mass user id's in the client you want to create.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syd,

You can try running RSCLCCOP. for more information browse:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/36/b723a7209a31f2e10000009b38f984/frameset.htm

But i suggest that you write SCAT/LSMW Script to create mass user id's in the client you want to create.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

User ids are known as user master records and yes we can copy user master record from one client to another client in local client copy sccl you may select the profile sap_uonl. u need to login in the target client where u can specify the source of the user accounts.

Iqbal

0 Kudos

Beware that doing a User Client copy will delete all existing UID's and role assignment end replace that with the situation from the source cleint.

0 Kudos

Thanks Auke for reminding of this necessary caution. Please listen to this Syd before starting client copy.

Iqbal

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can use the Central User Administration (CUA) for that purpose. In contrast to a Client Copy (where the target content is replaced by / overwritten with the source content) you can select which users should be available in which CUA client system.

<u>Constraint</u>: the userID have to be unique in the entire CUA landscape; it is not possible to have two (different human) users which are assigned to the same userID (in two clients / systems).

In the first step (when setting up the CUA) you need to import all users to the CUA master system; then you can (selectively) assign them to CUA client systems.

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Hi Guys I wonder whether you can help me: I did a client copy SCCL with SAP_all in BI7 the problem is after the client copy my users seem to have dissapeared in both clients. I only have the SAP* pwd SAP user in both systems. can you maybe tell me whether there is a way to get my users back. I checked the log and everything cleared.

also if anyone knows how to "undo" SCCL it will be appreciated.

any advice will be helfull

Marius Louw

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much for all your help.

Syd