cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Owner in Master Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues

When a user creates a Matser Agreement, system automaticaly add him as Document Owner in colloboration Window?

1) Is it possible to change the default to someone else? (Back office person is creating the contract on behalf of purchaser. In this case purchaser should be the documnet owner)

2) In case if the employee leaves organization, how can customer change the "Document Owner" for all the documents in a  mass mode?

How are other customer solving this problem?

Regards

Vijay Vidiyala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

It is possible to change the document owner from the current user to another user. To do this you can click on the small yellow pencil next to the document owner and then you can update the User Name field to the new owner you need.

To do a mass change of document owners you would need to do an import of each type of document. As an example with master agreements you could do as below:

First to run a report to show all master agreements owned by the employee leaving the business and then copy all of the master agreement ID from the report into the master agreement upload template under column UNIQUE_DOC_NAME and enter the new document owners username under the column DOC_OWNER_USER. - then you can do the import.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another possibility is to use Document Security Templates to specify who will be the owner of the Document.

The default configuration is that the Current User (The user that is creating the document) will be the owner but you can use other options like:

• Specified User;
  • Product Category Manager;
  • External Category Manager.

There are other options and you can explore if those options meet the requirements for your business scenario.

Another possibility is to use Rule Design to add other Users/Groups/Companys as collaborators of a document, but i don't know if you can set them as the document Owner.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

thanks for your question, but I'm not 100% sure if I can follow the rationale.

1) There are different ways to realize this is in Sourcing but what is the exact business process? I interprete more than one scenario:

• Backoffice person A always creates Master Agreement for Purchaser A
  • Backoffice person B always creates MA for Purchaser B
  • Backoffice person A creates MA for Purchaser A and B

Would be great to get more background on what the business wants here.

2) It is always recommended to work with groups in these cases rather than individuals, that makes organizational changes much easier. Mass change of all Document owners could be realized via Scripting.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

And No.2 is also possible via CSV import.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin

they have a small operations team who starts the process of creating contracts.

In you example, they are looking for third option.

Backoffice person A creates MA for Purchaser A and B

I also found that Creator can change the Document Owner manually. This could be the solution for them.

Regards

Vijay Vidiyala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that would have been the solution.

Thanks,

Armin