cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution Rules in POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We are coming across an issue with Substitution Rules and hoping that someone will have some ideas of what might be missing.

We don't have MSS implemented, but using service FITV_POWL_APPROVER in ESS for Expense Approval process.  Everything seems to be working fine except the Substitution Rules.  Approving Manager is successfully able to define Substitution Rules, but the assignee (another Manager with role SAP_FI_TV_WEB_APPROVER) never see the expense reports in his/her POWL.

Any ideas on what might be missing or done wrong?  Appreciate your input.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawad,

• Try temporarily giving SAP_ALL to the substitutor to rule out permission-issues.
  • Check in Backend whether the Subsitution Rules really are consistent, TA FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S for dialogue DIA_CO_CCA_TR. In some other thread, also pointed me to this KBA 1622954; maybe you find it useful for better usability of this transaction.
  • Last but not least, I would check whether the substitutor really has a basic POWL-personalization, i.e. some basic selection (by PERNR, Org or Accounting) or whether this has been forgotten.

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

There are a couple of notes as well regarding substitution rules... 1737368 and 1674708 so maybe check these too but technically, FM PTRM_POWL_GET_SUBST is used to read the substitutionsfrom table ptrm_powl_subs_r.

Practically, this table is maintained by the individual users with web dynpro application FITV_POWL_SUBSTITUTION. So I wonder then if this is impacted by how you are maintaining the employee list, whether it is a case that the substitute manager does not have access to see these employees?

It also depends on how you manage the substitution;

If active substitution is used then the substitute will see their own as well as the agent they are substituting for. Active substitution is where User A is going on vacation and specifies User B as their substitute and activates the substitution.

If Passive substitution is used then the substitute (User B) only sees the work items of User A. User A sets up the substitution but does not activate it, then User B can Adopt the substitution if User Ais out of the office unexpectedly.

What scenario exactly are you trying to achieve here as there is also some dependency on evaluation path selected in view: CDIR, The View id will have the evaluation path required to fetch root object and the corresponding related object. (However I have a feeling this is more on the MSS side!)

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lukas and Sally for your ideas.

Lukas, your suggestion of trying SAP_ALL gave me an idea of what to check.  In our case, Structural Authorization is restricting the Assignee from seeing the Expense Reports of Assigner's employees.

Now that I know what the issue is, I will try to see if there a way to get it working with Structural Authorization in place.  There might be none.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)