cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter to Mainframe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking to see if someone has been successful in transferring a file from PI 7.0 to a MVS system, and can share their wisdom.

I have FTP'd sagans of files to mainframes in my career, just not via XI/PI. I need to send a "quote site" command with FTP prior to putting the file so that the mainframe can allocate the DCB information (LRECL, BLKSIZE, etc).

As an example, here is a sample of the FTP commands I send to transmit a file to a mainframe:

QUOTE SITE LRECL=7996 BLKSIZE=27998 RECFM=FB RETPD=60

EBCDIC

PUT 'MVS.MAINFRAME.FILE'

How can I do this from PI?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvester ,

using the File Adapter, you currently cannot supply any custom commands (e.g., using 'quote site') to the FTP server, which would most likely be required to change the blocksize, record length or record format.

You can do it as two ways.

1) you can schedule a FTP job on M/F to post dataset as a file and then XI pickup that file

2) get the file from M/F using XI FTP adapter -- No directory structure required. you got to know dataset name,but make sure the ID you are using have right read permissions.

All the best. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeramoju,

Thank you for your answer, however, I am trying to send the file to the mainframe, not retrieve from the mainframe.

Andrew.