SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPMA not considering DPC

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

We are using DPC with invvoicing as one of the part of additional control of invocing.

System is generating LPC correctly and does have same posting date, Due date and Reference No. as that of invoice.

We are using grouping and sorting characteristics 020 - Reference no. (XBLNR) for clearing variant.

System is not considering DPC despite having same features of invoice no.

I don't want to resorts to transaction ranking feature as I do not want  futuristic maintainance and performance issues.

Kindly assist in resolving issue at hand.

Regards,

Paresh

10 REPLIES 10

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

I could not get you fully.What is DPC?

You are calculating LPC through invoicing and it generating a seperate document no with same posting date, Due date and Reference No. as that of invoice-that's fine.

Now what happpening during auto clearing-that I am not very clear from your post.

Can you please elaborate the problem that you are facing.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

HI,

You understood issue correctly.

I have used grouping and sorting charateristic 020 - Reference document no. i.e. XBLNR.

I want system to group all line items having reference no. and than do account maintenance.

But issue is system is skipping LPC line items despite having similar properties as of invoice document.

Hope you have understood issue now.

Regards,

Paresh

0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

As far as I know, that during invoicing the account maintaineance happens first and then the LPC line item is getting generated.

So during the account maintaineance, since the LPC document has not been generated, so its not getting picked up.

To check this theory, try the following activity-

Perform an invoicing run, which would generate a LPC document and it will remain open as it is not picked up in the account maintaineance.

Post a credit document which should be equal\greater than the amount of Invoice+LPC.

The credit document will sit as an open item.

Now perform another invoicing run, to check whether the previous LPC document is picked up in the account mainataineance run or not.

Ideally, the LPC will be picked along with the previous invoice in the account maintaineance.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply

Been there, done that but in vain.

I am trying to run these activity for open items and LPC of 3 to 4 months, vs. Credit item but still FPMA skips them.

Regards,

Paresh

0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

I would suggest you to remove the reference document no.(XBLNR) from the Sorting characteristic and instead add Due Date with Deferral(024) and Main Transaction (004).

Also, in the grouping characteristic, remove the reference document no.(XBLNR) and add contarct account (015) and Item is due(011).

I think your problem will get resolved.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

HI,

I have done mapping as you had described.

But still it is not working.

Regards,

Paresh

0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Can you check whether the clearing is happening through FP06 or not?

I guess there is some enhancement which is deselecting the LPC items from being auto cleared.

Check the clearing events specially event 590 as through this you can exclude items from automatic clearing.

Also check the custom selection tab in FPMA against the variant that you are running, whether there has been any exclusion made for LPC items.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

HI Amlan,

Thanks for your insight.

But still it is not working.

Thanks,

Paresh

0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

If my understanding is right you have a credit item with due date 01/01/2012 and LPC charge 01/15/2012 and when you are running FPMA the LPC is not getting cleared with the credit.

May be you can follow these steps and see whether it works

1) Create a new variant Z01 with two clearing steps

In step 1 characteristic 003 grouping rule select '1' and then provide the credit transaction say 0060/0010 and call it as group 1, sorting you can select just due date

In step 2 characteristic 003 and grouping rule select '1' and then provide the LPC transaction combination again say 0010/0020 and also add the 0060/0010 call it group 2

Assign the variant to theclearing type  account maintenance and try fp06 or fpma.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Can you check two more things for the LPC items-

(a) Are the LPC items getting posted with any clearing restriction? (like Clearing restrction 8).

You can check this in the payment data tab of the document display screen (FPE3) under the Payment Data Section.

(b) Is there any clearing lock getting updated at the time of posting of the LPC items..

You can check this in the payment data tab of the document display screen (FPE3) under the Payment Data Section

These are some of the reason that I could figure out for autocleraing not picking up the LPC items.

Also, have you checked the application log of the autoclearing to find out any specific reason for the LPC items not being picked up?

Thanks,

Amlan