cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EM Expert ,

I customized SCOT and rule set along with alert activity parameter etc , however alert is not getting triggered . Any idea .

Regards.

Rajesh Dwivedi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can check the following:

1.Application Log of the event handler to see if rules are being executed correctly (return code=0 for the rule activity responsible for sending alerts)

2.If logs in step 1 are as per expectations.. go to the email log via SOST and check the reason why they are not sent

Most common reasons i can think of:

a) routing is not maintianed for the email id of the recipeint (this is maintained in SCOT)

b) you can also check the logs in ALRTCATDEF to see if a BCS exception has occured in which case maintain a user with valid email ID for inbound processing (ALRTCATDEF>Settings>Configuration)

Let me know if this is helpful.

Regards,

Affan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Affan ,

Rule set is returning code = 0 after executing activity .

SOST do not show any entry related to email alert .

Could you please tell me exact field related to routing which need to be checked . I did not get this point .

(ALRTCATDEF>Settings>Configuration) has following entry

User :SAP

Status requested and status by mail : Never

Write Log : Check mark

I want to send email out of EM so i should check outbound processing oR inbound processing ?

Regards,

Rajesh Dwivedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Affan ,

You are right . I checked the log and it shows that BCS Exception occured .

How to resolve this error .

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction .

Regards,

Rajesh Dwivedi

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

the settings I usually employ are

User:Any user with a valid & working email address

Statuses requested: No status is to be returned

Status by mail: No status

Write log: check

I'm not entirely sure why this error occurs since an acknolwedgement is not needed on the alert mails (i am assuming this is your case too). Maybe someone else can answer this.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Affan

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check here:

(ALRTCATDEF>Settings>Configuration)

that this is an existing user and important the user has an email address attached in SU01.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

furthermore you can also check the report RSALERTDISP (via SE38 or SA38). If you find here an entry you know that SAP EM has created an alert and something is wrong in the communication settings. With SHIFT+F5 you can also see which parameter are used for your alert.

If you don't see an corresponding entry you need to check the rule set why alerts are not created.

Best regards

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berthhold ,

I am not customizing ALERT INBOX functionality . I just want to trigger alert to email ID in the the company email ID .

In this case , DO I need to check report RSALERTDISP?

I checked it . no entry is there currently .

Regards,

Rajesh Dwivedi

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

no sure but I think there should be always an entry no matter how you send your e-mail alert.

Regards

Berthold