SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payables and Receivables for the same process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the project i am working we have a problem in a process. The problem is as follows:

1.     Process name is Reactive energy charges.

2.     Reactive energy charges may become payable or receivable.

3.     Client have different GL's for both payable and receivable.

4.     i have made different account determination id and contract account category for payables and receivables.

5.     but billing guy is saying that he cannot do the billing with different account determination id's for the same process.

Please tell me how can this process be dealt in SAP contract account receivable and payable.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I don't think billing guy need to worry about ADID in the contract accounts.

For example for residential customers(ADID is R1) you want to hit AR GL 14000 and commercial customers(ADID C1) you want to hit AR GL 15000 the main and sub for reactive charges are 6000/0020

Billing guy will define one rate in billing and based on the ADID it will post to different GL accounts.

If the ADID is same in both scenarios and you still want to hit different GL accounts based on some situation then you need two different rates.

Other than that my opinion is billing guy don't have to be concerned on ADID's.

thanks,

Vikram

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Manish:

You cannot meet your requirement using configuration - except if the rate is changed to post to different sub transaction based on credit/debit.  This would be the preferred approach, and should be doable with one or two extra lines in the rate.  Otherwise, you would need to develop custom logic in an invoicing event to manipulate the g/l account to which the lines post. This would be an inelegant solution to a problem which really should be solved in the rate. 

And Vikram is correct in that ADID will not provide a solution for this since a customer account still only has one.

regards,

bill.