cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive ADOBE form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on the offline time registration sheet and I am new in formcalc and Java Script , I have two buttons in this form SAVE and CHANGE,

1 . SAVE : After entering the time entries in the time sheet , i click on the SAVE button , the entries should be saved but when i am closing the form it is asking to save the entries (one message box is appearing  do you want to save the file , below screen ) , it should not happen .

Can you please tell me formcalc code to solve this issue. Below is the screen shoot :

CHANGE : The is one scenario , based on some reason we have to grayed out some fields  after downloading the form I am getting the correct form but when I am clicking on change button the grayed out field is changed to editable. Because of below formcalc code (click event) :

ADOBE_DATA.#subform[0].DesignPage1.Task1_SF.Table1[*].Row1.Day6hr_first.access = ""

IN below figure two fields are not editable which is correct (FRI and THU)  :

After clicking on the CHANGE button : these two fields are now editable (FRI and THU) :

After clicking on Change button these button should be not editable (grayed out).

Please guide me how to achieve these requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

For the save button,

Make sure that you made a check to the check box of " Don't show any messages box at all "

in the Form validation tab in the Edit->form properties.

For the two fields making non- interactive (not editable)write the java code.you need to write in the change button click event.

TextField1.access = "nonInteractive ";

Best Regards,

PraveenPulle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Thanks for your help..

Can it possible to override the save functionality (FILE->SAVE) in my save button  , i mean I have a SAVE button in form . I want if I click on the SAVE button the form should save ..

User need not to go to the File menu  and then click on save...

Please suggest the javascript and formcalc for that...

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

Place a button the Layout and write the java script code in the click event.

It ask you for the location to save the form.

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

This java script works.

Reward if useful.

Best Regards,

Praveen Pulle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

I want just "save" not "save as"

will it work app.execMenuItem("Save");

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

not working. When I am writing "app." no method is comming.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.