cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource related Billing - a bit urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to work on Resource related billing, but I am new to this process so could someone explain me the process how we need to carry out with the processing, I am on the DP91 screen, but I am not sure what type of items are supposed to be in the Sales order for which you can do the RRB, could some one explain in detail pls.

THanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Your question is very broad. Here's a basic explanation of how DP91 works:

1. You run DP91 for a particular sales document line item. SAP goes to this document line and looks for the DIP Profile in the Item > Sales B tab. Usually the DIP Profile is assigned to the Item Category in config, and defaults automatically into the source SD document.

2. The DIP profile tells you:

a) If RRB is used to create Billing Docs/RA or Quotations/Sales Pricing

b) What type of SD document will be created

c) The (non-SD) source table being read from

d) Which characteristics on the source table are relevant

e) How to bill each source line as a material on a SD doc

f) How quantities and costs are transferred to the SD doc (which condition type)

3. All config is handled under SD > Sales > Sales Documents > Customer Service > Service Quotation/Resource Related Billing

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone pls help me in Resource Related billing?I got a project that demands RRB and i really dont have that much idea abt it.Thanks.

senij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link: http://help.sap.com/

Path: SAP Best Practices --> Baseline Packages --> Based on SAP ECC 5.00 --> Select Country: for eg, Localized for India --> Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> Select Country for eg, India -->

<b>J46 - Fixed Price and Time and Material Billing Project</b>

Select the required basic configuration / scenario. These will consist of overview, configuration guide, business process, master data &so on ...........

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Sent mail.

reward if it helps

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For resource related billing u need to follow the process

1.First u need to create a contract external only for RRB's ( Trigger the WBS Element ).

2. Enter the WBS Element in CAT2 and Book the time.

3 Go to Cat7 and enter the personnel no and execute.it tranfers the cost to controlling.

4.If you want to see the result analysis key go to cji3 and enter the wbs element and execute .

5 if u want to show the rates and costs go to kka2(Result analysis).

6. go to dp90 and enter the sales document number nad you will automatically created the debit memo request and client suppore shedule.

7.go to va02 and do directly billing .

Resource related billing is completed.

Rewards points if it useful.

Rgds

Siva Yepuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you also share with me the documents on RRB. It would be useful for my project.

Thank.

Regards,

Thiru

<Post was moderated>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's say a company is running project systems, and employees are charging time and material to a WBS element. Material charges are in cost element range 500000 - 599999, and time charges are in cost element range 900000 - 930999.

(1) Create a contract with one line item

(a) The account assignment is to WBS ABC123

(b) The material contains an item category assigned to DIP Profile ZDIP0001

(2) ZDIP0001 is configured in trx ODP1 to

(a) read Actual Costs (i.e. table COEP)

(b) create SD document type DR

(c) read characteristics period, fiscal year, cost element, activity type, WBS element

(d) material determination: cost element range 500000 - 599999 is assigned material EXPENSES01; cost element range 900000 - 930999 is assigned TIME01

(3) All SD configuration exists (copy control, item category def and assgnmnt)

When I run DP91 on the contract, SAP goes to the line item and sees that I am charging WBS ABC123 with profile ZDIP0001. It finds all charges in COEP made to that WBS and summarizes them by the characteristics in 2(c). It then compares these charges with all previously billed charges (stored in the AD01DLISF table). Any differences between the source (COEP) and target charges (AD01DLISF) will be billed on the DR document.

It's an involved, complicated process. Please feel free to e-mail with any questions: ben_axelrad@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give your mail id. Have some useful information on RRB.

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu Kishore

<Post was moderated>

It would be great if you can forward me the material ASAP. Also, could you specify how I can configure RRB and create the Billing request in DP91, I did try to create it, but it is not successful, Please let me know the procedure and I look for the response.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your mail id.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Kishore,

could you please let me know how I can create a Resource as a line item, what basically would a resource mean, is it a material put in to the sales order or is it something else ? Please let me know

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I sent a document to your e-mail.

Thanks,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Would it be possible to send me documents related to RRB also please to

I'm currently trying to get the following scenario to work:

- Creation of a Purchase Order, assigned to a WBS Element

- The WBS is then attached to a Sales Order

- The Sales Order is then billed through DP91

- The costs of the PO should appear

Many Thanks,

Philip Johannesen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't mind, can you please send any material you have related to Resource Related Billing. I am starting on a project that has lot of RRB and I am kind of new to that area. e-mail:

Thank you,

Vidya