cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Meta data in Actual original file

0 Kudos

Hello All,

In Document Management system (DMS), when the actual original file is displayed or printed, then on that original file, we would like to have document meta data like document number, document type, document part and document version along with some other information like project number.

Could you please guide, how this can be achieved in DMS .

We are using PLM 7.02 version (Web UI)

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

Sitaramaiah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should work the same in PLM 7.02 as in the back end system but i'm not 100%. You can set up office integration between the DIR meta data and meta data in the original. This is done in the same place where you set up WS application type in the IMG. You should be able to find the information you are looking for by searching for "DMS office integration".

0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer Pehrson,

Many Thanks for your information on this. Could you please elaborate, how we can do this in the system step by step process.

Best Regards,

Sitaramaiah Kummeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have all the details because I worked with it a long time ago and can't remember it all. You can start by looking at the ws application type settings in the IMG.

The meta data integration is only working for office applications like word and excel.

Select the ws application type and then go in under Setup O.I.

Here are some settings from our test system. I think you have to look at the sap help documentation to find some more info on how to use the data that has been sent in the actual word file.

0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer Pehrson,

Many Thanks for your help. Let me check from my end and will get back to you, if i need further info on this.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Sitarami Reddy

Answers (0)