cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Role Configuration in CRM WEB UI, in which all field are non editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I am new to CRM 7.0. I have to configure a Business Role in CRM WEB UI,  in which all field are non editable on Web UI (it is read-only).

Thanking you in anticipating your kind cooperation in this regard.

With Regards

Kumar Ankit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robertmorris
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar. Welcome to CRM 7.0!

I'd imagine you found your solution by now but I will post this response to help others who are coming after you.

Directly from the Web UI you can enable Configuration Mode (assuming you have the authorization to configure). You did this by clicking on Personalization in the Top Right corner of the Web UI and then click on Personalize Settings. Within the window, check the 'Enable configuration mode' checkbox and Save.

Once you've enabled Configuration mode, you'll see a small Wrench or other icon show up below the Back and Forward buttons in the Web UI.

At this point, simply access whatever view you'd like to configure, place your cursor in a field or highlight a label or data on the view and hit F2 on your keyboard. The F2 key will open the configuration window.

To make fields Read Only, select the field, click the Show Field Properties button and then check the Display Only checkbox and click Apply. Remember to Save your configuration.

This is the basics for making fields Read Only in the Web UI. There are a few prerequisites to this process which are a Business Role itself, and a Role Configuration Key associated with the Business Role to which you will apply your new configuration.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Robert Morris