Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can update the weight of material

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create a material by mistake without net weight and create sale order, delivery order and invoice. now we required to update weight in these documents.i already cancel the invoice(billing document) and update in the material master but i can't update it in the sale order. there are more then 150 billing documents. how i can update it with easy way.

Regards

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad ,

Try LSMW or Custom Program to update the weight in the existing Delivery Document.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Understand this thread is very old. But for the benefit of whoever searches this thread again.

The report program WSLIPS03 may be used to update the delivery (came across from another thread).

Is there similar one for Invoice?

-S.N.Jayaraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad ,

As other member suggested, the fix has to be done manually. Since it is manual work, it involves lot of effort.

To minimize the effort, understand the significance of the weight in the process? Do you want to appear on the Output? Is transportation cost base on the weight?

. Most of the time as per my understanding, it is used in the Delivery Note Output. It is critical to show the weight in the Delivery Note if it is a export process as a legal requirement.

So talk with the business and understand the importance of the weight field and based on it, decide to do the changes.

In your client, it is important to have weight only in export process. If i face such a scenario, I will identify the delivery related to export and update the weight in the delivery document manually.

Make sure the weight in the material master is maintained on a regular basis so that these issues can be avoided. If possible make the weight field mandatory in the material master.

Regards

Vinu

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vinu Nanjan!

i work hard to solve this problem because it is very important and i like to share it with all of persons.  we required to cancel the billing documents and reverse the PGI. then require to update manually in the material Laval, if it is in batch then update the batch split in delivery like one ctn weight 10kg and we sale two ctn then here write as 20 and if it is without batch then update weight in Picking of the delivery and PGI it again and then billing. it is lot of effort for me. after this update weight hit the financial side.

Regards

Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad

I have made the similar scenario like yours and did exactly what you have done.

After that I ran TCODE MASS with object name BUS2032 Sales orders, then selected the Sales Order Item Data:MASSVBAP, Executed(F8), then provided my sales docs in the data to be created and able to change successfully.after that created delivery then billing.

You can try this.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish Mishra!

why you update in Sale order?

how you update it in old delivery order?

i like to know because if i update in delivery order  then require to update with full stock weight(2Ctn=20) but in sale order just update for one ctn. and system auto update it in delivery order. do you check it in FI.

Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad

So that you can create new delivery and after all you will create new billing

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish!

i dont like to update it in new delivery. my requirement update it in old delivery order but new billing.

Regards

Khan

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As the PGI is already done for Delivery, you cannot change the Weight in Sales Documents.

You will have to reverse the entire cycle (Invoice, PGI & Delivery) and then try to change in Sales Order or create a new Order.

Also I dont think there is any other easy way to correct this mistake.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please think about Debugging in Table Level to update the Values.

Side Comment  : I am not sure ,this is good or any effect on system performance .Lets wait ,may some more experts would give their ideas on this.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad

if its for single sale order then

Go to your sale order, double click on line item and on shipping tab add manually.

Else you can create a BAPI with your ABAPER "BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE" where with the reference of sale order you do the updating.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra