cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Upgrade NW730 to EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I’ve just install the NW730 (dl from service market)

But I have to upgrade it to NW731, it just need to implement the EHP1.  by running again sapinst?

It is just for an internal sandbox, I don't really  want to install solman. Is is possible?

Could someone be kind enough to show me how  to upgrade  from NM730 to EHP1?

By the way , anything to pay attention before and during the upgrade?

Looking forward to your kind response.

BR,

Kate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kate,

Please find the information below:

But I have to upgrade it to NW731, it just need to implement the EHP1.  by running again sapinst?

You will have to do it using SUM tool.

It is just for an internal sandbox, I don't really  want to install solman. Is is possible?

You will require Solman,  if your system information are maintained then using MOPZ you would be able to get EHP1 and further stack file generation will be required.

Please go through the document available https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001267932011E.pdf here, which describes about upgrade of Netweaver 730 for EHP1.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Thank you very much for your reply and the PDF

I'll check the pdf tonight.

Is it possible to use other's solman to help to my upgrade.

Because it is very difficult to install asolman...

BR,

Kate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

It is possible to use other's solman if you can generate the stack xml file for exact same system.

Thanks,

Ravi

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

I didn't get it properly (other's solman), however if there is one Solman already within your organization and you can get your system entry registered in that then you can go ahead. You don't need to install a separate one particularly for this sandbox system, hope I'm getting you clearly.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

What do you mean by “within my organization”? = within my company?

Thanks

Kate

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Kate, I meant the same. If there is already one Solman then just maintain the information of this system and get the stack file and EHP1.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

I've check through the PDF you mentioned , but found no info about how to register my NW to the Solman , and how generate the xml from the solman, so where can i find this kind of information ?

No2 Question: in the the guide, i've 2 terms
1. "release upgrade only"
2. "enhancement package installation and SPS update"
So for my case , it is which one?

P.S. i've just finished the install of my nw730, nothing (no business)inside.

No.3 the SOFTWARE PROVISIONING MGR 1.0(different from SUM) it is for what use? could it use on my case?

Thank you all!

BR,
Kate

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kate,

Hope you are doing good, I was away for couple of days. Actually that is a general guide about upgrade from NW730 to EHP1, there are some information about it however its not firmly described but you can see the point 3.3 Preparing SAP Solution Manager in the guide, also there is one document from  Mahesh Kumar M  which describes about the stack file generation http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26893.

Please find the information about your questions below :

1. "release upgrade only"

Release upgrade is said given that some new components have been included in the application providing some new functionality. An upgrade of an SAP release usually requires an upgrade of

the corresponding content shipments. Example of release upgrade is Netweaver 7.0 to Netweaver 7.3.

2. "enhancement package installation and SPS update"

Enhancement packages are based on releases i.e. EHP1 for NW7.3 or EHPs for NW7.0, EHPs include some specific features. EHPs contain specific set of software components which are needed to be activated after installation as per your business requirement.

SPS update is a collection of support packages which can be deployed together.

So for my case , it is which one?

Since you've already installed NW7.3 and willing to go for EHP1 of the same so yours is the 2nd of your question that is Enhancement package installation and SPS update.

No.3 the SOFTWARE PROVISIONING MGR 1.0(different from SUM) it is for what use? could it use on my case?

Actually technically the name SAPInst is now changed to Software Provisioning Manager however it is still popular as SAPinst and remains the favorite I guess. Collectively SAP has named as SL Toolset to all the tools which are used for installation,upgrade,system copy/migration and Software provisioning manager, SUM and few other tools are part of it.

You need to use SUM since you are planning to install EHP1 for NW7.3, kindly follow the previous PDF for the same.

Please let us know for any further co-operation.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Thank you very very much for your detailed and clear answer.

I was able to find a test Solam (version 7.1) , hope it works.

And next step is to generate the xml.

I'll still ask you for help the following days, because the EHP1 upgrade is really complicate for me

But i'm s glad can have you such kind help.

Thank you very much again.

Have a nice day!

Kate JI

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Kate,

I'm happy if I was able to answer you, would be my pleasure to hear about your successful installation and meantime any further help if I can do.

Best regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

Yes. It is possible.

You need at least SAP Solution Manager 7.0 with support package level 23 for generating stack xml and use the Software Update Manager (SUM). This will be a Enhancement pack upgrade.

Refer to upgrade guide available on marketplace.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your reply.

But I'm confused with your reply.

If 'it is possile to upgrade to EHP1 without solman, then I should i "at least have solman 7.0"?

Do you means, i can use some other's solman to generate my xml files?

Kate JI