Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send data from XI to Messaging server by sung JMS adapter

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I want to send a TXT file from PI to the external messaging server and then get the same file back.

For this i have configured a sender and receiver adapter.

This is the first time i am using JMS adapter so, i am confused how to send file out to the messaging server .

Do i have to cretae any ESR objects having dummy interface, but then how does the Comm channel pick data and send it further.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you dont need to perform any transformation, you dont need any ESR objects (Use any name as your Sender Interface and Sender Namespace) or Content Conversion at File adapter. If your Source can place the file in your PI File system (AL11), you can use NFS otherwise if you want to pull the file from Sender system use FTP.

For JMS adapter configuration, please let us know which type of messaging server is this. Consult with JMS administrator to decide the below protocols:

SonicMQ JMS Provider

WebSphereMQ (MQ Series) JMS Provider

Access JMS Provider with JNDI

(Read) JMS Provider Administered Objects from File

Access JMS Provider Generically

A Sample JMS adapter Config:

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nabedu,

If  i want to configure receiver JMS adapter and pick the file Integration server queue , then i have to use Access JMS provider with JNDI .. is that correct ?

regards,

Ravi

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have the assumption that your Source is File System (TXT File - File Adapter) and Receiver is JMS system. So the message protocol will be dependent on the JMS queue type (like Sonic, Websphere etc.) not upon Source system/communication type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Source side where you are placing the file, if it's in PI server you need file adapter at sender side with File Content Conversion and use JMS adpater at receiver side.

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

So can i use the XI directory for sender file adapter and place the file there , so that the file is available in integration server ?

And what protocol shall i use for receiver JMS adapter. Will it be " Access JMS Provider with JNDI" .

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It's based on your requirement you can place the file in XI directory.  But tell me one thing what is your source sistem.  Who are placing files in the source directory.  Be clear with the requirement.

For JMS Configuration search in SDN, you may find so many documents.

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am sending a  flat file, so source should be sender file adapter. however my question was that how the receiver JMS adapter pick this file from XI integration queue and send to partner .

We are doing a loop back testing with our partner to whom we are connected via JMS. But partner wants to receive this file so that he can send the same file back to us .

So, if i want to send him the file, then i have to tell my receiver JMS adapter to pick this file from somewhere and so i wanted to drop one  file on XI intergration server so that the message is available on PI queue and my MS adapter  sends this file further.

Regards,

Ravi

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

>>I want to send a TXT file from PI to the external messaging server and then get the same file back.

No transformation, validation in SAP PI ?

Cheers

Agasthuri

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

No, there is no transformation .. its a  flat file that i need to send  .. but how to put this file in the queue of integration server ?