Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order process requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Need few information about sales order costing

I am well aware about make to stock process in costing but one of my client want to migrate from make to stock to make to order scenario so they want sales order costing to implement.

Few thing I want to know are and please correct me if I am wrong

1. Like in make to stock we do costing from ck40n and in make to order we do costing from sales order itself,(from tab -  Extra – Costing ).
  2. So in make to order scenario we first create sales order  of FG and accordingly we procure raw material against that sales order (BOM and routing is maintain for that FG), what FI entries system post in that case?
  3. Once raw material procured we do sales order costing and system will do standard costing of FG according to price at which RM procured and not from what price maintain in material master as no price maintain in material master in make to order scenario.
  4. So question is does system calculate target cost in production order same way as done in make to stock?
  5. How we calculate WIP , variances and do settlement in MTO process?
  6. Supposed I done the costing but later find that one component is missing in BOM so I maintain the same in BOM, then how we can delete the old costing and do new costing in MTO.

Thanks in advance

Shayam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

MTO is always with reference to a customer order. Irrespective of MTS and MTO scenarios we can do cost estimate through CK11N or CK40N.

Based on the procurement type either plan order or purchase request will be created. If it is plan order it will convert into production order. In case of purchase request will be converted into purchase order.

Production process same for MTO and MTS. But coming to GR, in case of MTO the received stock will be stored under a special stock because its related to a particular customer.

Month end process happens based on the MTO scnearios:

If Sales order is a cost object with valuate stock, you can run WIP, Variance and settlement.

Settlement: you can transfer the variance either to sales or directly to COPA.

If you want settle variance to sales order, remove tick mark "variance to COPA" in settlement profile.

If you are working with Non-vaulate stock scenario, there will not be any WIP, Variance and Settlement, because goods received from production to stock is without values.

At the time of billing, COPA document will not be generated. Only at the time of settlement of Sales order only COPA document will be generated.

Hope this is clear.

Regards

Srinivas Salpala

Answers (0)