cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Some of you might already know about our new idea place but for those who do not, we would like to let you know that we have recently with the help of BrightIdea revamped our previous idea place. We would like all of you to actively contribute to this channel since each and every idea is being reviewed in a timely manner and the best ones are then put into the product backlog. So in short your opinions & suggestions, do count.

Also, note that our first major review process gets over during the end of December. So make sure you have all those creative ideas in there before Christmas.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Does anyone know if this BW General "Idea Place" is even reviewed periodically by SAP anymore?  I see lots of categories (see below) that look like the intention was for SAP to let people know what might in the queue, but they are all empty and there is not a lot of activity.

Thanks,

Submitted

Under Review

Accepted

Delivered

Not Planned by SAP

Needs More Info

Already Offered

For Future Consideration

Archived

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

yes, actually SAP does review those ideas...the pace they do it is questionable... However you can find some SMP Notes which are delivering functions that was requested via those ideas. See for example those notes:

BI Content Migration of BW 3.x based data flows - SAP Note 1601140

Customer Connection: (NW 730SP11): Complete deletion of data - SAP Note 1864773

You can find info about the whole process in  blog The SCN Innovation and Enhancements Idea Session Guidelines. Once a month the ideas will be checked and if the 15 votes-limit is reached, they should be changed to "Under Review".

See other possible ways how to let SAP know about you ideas to improve their products:

http://scn.sap.com/community/research/blog/2014/03/03/how-to-influence-sap

Cheers

m./

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information!  Greatly appreciated!

It would be nice if SAP could currently review the submitted ideas as some of them are really good, but there is not much activity in the Ideas Place so they'll never reach 15 votes.

I think I'll post something to see if I can drive some traffic over to Idea Place...

Thanks,

Ken Murray