cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 to N Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an interface where I have

1 sender message and depending on certain criteria 2 receiver messages get written.

I have a in the mapping program 1 message type on the sender side and 2 message types on the receiver side. Which is fine.

then on the interface mapping again I have one message interface on the sender side and 2 message interfaces on the receiver side.

This also works...

The problem comes in the configuration directory...

When I do my receiver determination I want on of the message interfaces to go to one system and the other message interface to go to another.

The problem is that in the interface detarmination I can select the interface but then the mapping doesnt appear....

When I do enhanced then both message interfaces appear which is not what I want... I want one interface to go to one system and the other to go to the second system... where have I gone wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thank you guys I will try that today...

One quick question.... If I have a sourec IDOC and assume many scenarios will use the same IDOC then unless I put conditions in the receiver determination then all scenarios will get triggered that use that same source IDOC type am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, ALE , NACE configuration..

If purchaes order is saved and the corresponding IDoc will be generated by NACE configuration ,later the ALE configuration will handle which receiver is waiting for the master idoc , and by ALE communication idoc will be generated.. and send it to Integration server , here based on condition the respective receiver will be triggered and received..

I hope the above procedure..

Please clarify if i expalined wrongly..

Regards

Chilla..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

If you are sending an Idoc from the same system then, you can have only ONE RECEIVER DETERMINATION for this Idoc.

Even if you try to add multiple Receievr Determinations for the same Business System plus Idoc, it will not be possible,.

So , if you have a requirement that you want to post this Idoc into multiple Recieevrs without or without conditions you will have to use Multiple Receivers in your Receiver Determination for the Configured Receivers and / or multiple Inbound Interface in the Interface Determination.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chilla I think you went a little to specific... What I am asking is in XI let say you have IDOC MATMAS... well if MATMAS is sent to XI then unless you have receiver conditions then all scenarios involving that IDOC and that sender system will be trigggered so in theory you could actually have 5 scenarios triggered from one source IDOC

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

As you can have only One Receievr Determination for one Idoc from one Business System you wil have to add conditions / multiple Receivers to be able to send it to multiple Target systems.

Try creating a receiver determination for an already existing set of Sender Service and Sender Interface and you will not be allowed to create the same Recieevr Determination again.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sort of understand what you are saying but I thought it was obvious that you need to configure more receiver determinations for the more receivers you need.

What I was saying is that one idoc could potentially trigger x number of scenarios... all scenarios that share the same source idoc

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Configuration Scenarios are just a means of grouping your Colloboration Agreements and Receiver Determinations etc.

You have to understand that the first step in the pipeline is the Receievr Determination and for every Receiver Determination the combination of Sender Party , Sender Service, Sender Interface and Namespace should be a Unique Combination.

So, when your Idoc X from System Y hits XI's Integration Engine, it can be assoaited with only one receiver.

So, one Idoc will trigger "N" scenarios only if the Single Receievr Determination has multiple Recievers ( with or withoput conditions ).

Hope this clears,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok what i am saying is say you have 3 scenarios

scenario 1 is Sender1 to receiver 1

scenario 2 is Sender1 to receiver 2

scenario 2 is Sender1 to receiver 3

all scenarios are sending IDOC Matmas....

Then unless conditions are configured in receivers determination then when sender 1 sends idoc matmas then all scenarios will be triggered.

If I understand what you are saying... YOu can only ever have one receiver configured for one sender and IDOC type... You cant then configure that same receiver in a diffrerent scenario for the same source idoc...

If that is the case then isnt that fundamentally flawed... as you can have different scenarios where you use the same sourec idoc but depending on certain conditions then a different mapping is executed hence making their a need to use the same IDOC in different scenarios all with thhe same sender and receiver systems involved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

AAARRRHHH OK I think can now see where the distinction is made.... Sender Party , Sender Service, Sender Interface can be common to multiple scenarios but is it the namespace which would act as the uniques identifier in the receiver determination?

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Mendez

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

><i>ok what i am saying is say you have 3 scenarios

scenario 1 is Sender1 to receiver 1

scenario 2 is Sender1 to receiver 2

scenario 2 is Sender1 to receiver 3

all scenarios are sending IDOC Matmas....</i>

In this case, all the 3 scenarios will use the Same Receievr Determination. You can add an Existing Receiver Determination to another Configuration Scenario.

All you will have to do in the Recieevr Determination, is click on the Plus Sign and Add Multiple Receivers and share this Receievr Determination in multiple Config Scenarios.

Like I already told, Config Scenarios are a logical way of grouping objects and it is not necessary that one Receievr Determination should be used in only one Config Scenario,

What i mean when I say one Receiver Determination can be used in with only one set of Sender Servvice , Interface and Namespace is that the Receievr Determination will be unique , but it can be shared ( more like Object by Refernce in Java ) across Config Scenarios.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you still not clear, the best thing to do would be to get you hands dirty and try this concept.

Try sending the same Idoc to different recieevrs and check how it is done and you will understand what I have been saying.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Here i am giving 2 possible ways based on your requirement

In both of the following cases you need to have 2 separate message mappings and 2 interface mappings

Source1_message----

&#61664;target1_messages - Message mapping(1)

Source1_message----

&#61664;target2_message - Message mapping(2)

Source1_interface -

&#61664;target1_interface - use mapping(1)

Source1_interface -

&#61664;target2_interface - use mapping(2)

1.If 2 receiver messages will be going to same receiving system

a)In Receiver determination no need to specify any condition to determine receiving systems(bcoz you have only one receiving system)

b)But you need to give condition in interface determination.In this case one interface determination is enough

2.If 2 receiver messages will be going to different receiving systems

a)You need to give condition in receiver determination to determine receiving systems

b)In this case, 2 interface determinations required one for each receiving system without any condition

For example

Sender

Service: Source system1

Interface:Source1_interface

Receiver

Service: Receiver1

Inbound interface interface mapping

Target1_interface Source1_interface_to_ Target1_interface

Same as this do for receiver2

still if these solutions are not clear, let me know,i will give solution with more examples

cheers,

jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you dont need BPM for this.

Basically when I say 1 to N mapping what I mean is that I have 1 sender message type and 2 receiver message types so 1 message type for each receiver.

What I want to happen is that based on certain criteria in the mappin either 1 or the other message mapped or in some instance both...

So I guess I actually need 2 interface mappings for 2 different interface determinations... as when I have both target messages in one interface mapping then when i use enhanced interface mapping both my messages must go to one receiver....

Am i right in thinking that I actually have to have separate message mapping and separate iterface mappings then in my configuration itself I can bring it all together in the receiver determination? will that work?

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Add your messages, one source and two target messages to the message mapping and interface mapping(1:N). In receiver determination, depending on the condition(s) you want to call a particular receiver, add those conditions. Is this what you are looking at?

Or is it that you have to call seperate mapping programs based on some condition, then you would need to just mention the condition based on which you want to call the required mapping in the interface determination.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes correct.

It will work with two mappings , one is to one receiver , and second one is to second receiver ..

Here in Receiver determinaiton, you have to use interface mapping and continue with the second business system..is one , and do another recever determination with the second interface mapping with second BS..

i have already done this type of task..

with the above please check the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

multi mapping without bpm -/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

What you are trying to do is absolutely possible and is the correct way. Just that its called conditional receiver determination and there is nothing to do with 1 to N mapping.

In receiver determination you will have 2 services and based on the condition the service gets used.

You can also use 1 to N mapping in this scenario. In this case there will be only one interface mapping. You can make your target message types 0..1 and map it to occur based on your condition.

Only one service in the receiver determination. Both the message interface are configured in this receiver. Whichever message occurs, that gets executed.

Regards,

P.Venkat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

You requirement can be handled with Conditional Receievr Detremination.

Add the 2 receievs and the condition for the same in the Receievr Determination and only when the conditon is satisfied the corresponding Inbound Interface and mapping will be selected.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

You can go for enhanced receiver determination whr u determine he receivers with the help of mapping. You can also accomodate 1:N mapping in this.

Hope the follwoing link helps...

<a href="/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16:///people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Follow the steps:

1) Create one Source Message Type

2) Create N number of Message Types for Target side

3) Create a Message Mapping- While Creating Mapping- Go to Messages Tab->Go to Target Message Type-> Add your N number Message Types over there

Then, u can see 1 message in the SOurce side and N(2) number of messages in the Target side. Then do the mapping.

4) Create the Interface mapping-Here your target Interfae will have "N number of Message Interfaces" for each N message Types. Use the 1:N Mapping done as before.

Now go ahead with other configuration. In Interface Determination select the RB_SPLIT/Extended option use this Interface Mapping over there. If multiple Receivers are required , then go with conditions.

Check the following links:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

for doing 1 to N mapping in XI, BPM is required........without BPM you cant execute a 1 to N mapping......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta