cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Request / Expense Report - wrong message after clicking "Save and Send for Approval"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We submit Travel Requests and Expense Reports via Portal. The user fills in a TR or ER, and navigates to the Final Action screen. So, the issue is, even though the user selects "Save and Send for Approval", the message in the follow-up screen shows that the Expense Report was saved, where as, it should be Expense Report was Saved and Sent for Approval

Is there some config step in home page framework or elsewhere where this message can be altered ? Or, is there any SAP Note which corrects this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sally and Lukas.

I am working with my developer on your suggestions. I will surely update you when the development task is completed.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram

This is the standard save message in WD ABAP which I believed is filled from the message class 56.and the message number is 589 if you check in the transaction SE91 (Message Maintenance)

It is then coming from the package PTRM_WEB_UI, component FITE_VC_Confirmation, component

controller, method INIT_RESULTMESSAGE.

Hope it would help

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I personally find distracting here is, that the method tries to select something from customizing.

IF wd_assist->gs_general_data-settl_status NE cl_fitv_constants=>gc_settled_status_open. "Save and send ?
       ls_elem_uiproperties-resultmessage_text = wd_assist->get_customizing_text( iv_key  = cl_fitv_constants=>gc_cstzg_key_confirmation_subm ).
" THX 19.11.2007 begin Support also message for save status
     ELSE.
       ls_elem_uiproperties-resultmessage_text = wd_assist->get_customizing_text( iv_key  = cl_fitv_constants=>gc_cstzg_key_confirmation_save ).
     ENDIF.

This somehow puts in my mind that I can maintain some customizing table to use my own message here. I traced down where the customizing data comes from and found this within PTRM_UTIL_CUSTOMIZING_GET:

SELECT a~schem                                 "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                a~fname                                 "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                b~text INTO TABLE et_customizing_texts  "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                            FROM t706z1           AS a INNER JOIN "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                                 t706_web_docutxt AS "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                             ON b~morei = a~morei AND   "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                                b~dckey = a~deflt       "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                            WHERE a~prog  = 'PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE' "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                            AND   a~tripf = l_trvfd     "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                            AND   b~spras = i_language  "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                            AND   b~morei =             "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN
                            lwa_emp_info-trip_provision_variant. "#EC CI_BUFFJOIN

So, supposedly, it is somehow possible with means of customing tables T706_WEB_DOCU and TA FITVFELD_WEB....

Anyway. It would be easiest using the method Sally mentioned, make an enhancement, use an overwrite exit, change the two lines of code and have it working in 5 minutes.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. @Sally, since when do you also dive into the coding like that? I am delighted!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it working partially just with customizing entries; plus I have to revoke something Sally and I said in our earlier posts.

This is how it works (partially) with just customizing:

1.  T706_WEB_DOCU --> maintain a text with some made up key for your MOREI

2. in FITVFELD_WEB the default value of the shown field can be attached to the maintained text with its key (in my case TEST123)

3.  Tadaaa

The stupid thing is, this is only possible for expense-claim-type-schemas, it doesn't work for the schema PL, because the fields in FITVFELD_WEB simply are missing. What you also can see is, that this adds an additional text, it does not overwrite the existing message from the message manager.

Now to some things we should clear up:

This is the standard save message in WD ABAP which I believed is filled from the message class 56.and the message number is 589 if you check in the transaction SE91 (Message Maintenance)

This is absolutely correct.

It is then coming from the package PTRM_WEB_UI, component FITE_VC_Confirmation, component

controller, method INIT_RESULTMESSAGE.

At first glance it seems so, but no, it's not like that. INIT_RESULTMESSAGE supplies the context attribute with the customizing entries I showed with my example screenshots, but it has nothing to do with the message from SE91. The message from SE91 is supplied to the alter-ego API in FITE_VC_REVIEW, so even before the WDYN FITE_VC_CONFIRMATION is delegated.

So, bottom line @ Ram:

The Problem you described is no problem, it's standard behaviour of SAP and it is intended like this. The best option you have, in my opinion, is to use an enhancement in INIT_RESULTMESSAGE (customizing is no option as I explained earlier) and programatically fill these additional messages. But do note, that these are, again, additional messages (see my third screenshot) and do not overwrite the standard ones from the WDA message manager

A little feedback whether this makes sense to you and whether it helps/is useful would be nice.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas - The images 1, 2, 3 are not loading. Could you please upload them again ?

PS: Sorry for the late reply. I was on a Vacation

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed, here they are, hope it works this time:

1. T706_WEB_DOCU --> maintain a text with some made up key for your MOREI

2. in FITVFELD_WEB the default value of the shown field can be attached to the maintained text with its key (in my case TEST123)

3. result on WDA

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Lukas - I saved this as a PDF too ... still no progress on the development activity.