Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track late receiving of quality certificate to goods receipt / inspection lot

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

For some materials we receive for each delivery a quality certificate, like flammability
test at supplier passed. The problem is that the certificate will not come with
the delivery but much later (days, weeks later). We need to record that the
certificate arrived linked to the original goods receipt / inspection lot. Also
we need a list (monitor) of goods receipt / inspection lot awaiting
confirmation of receiving of certificate. We will not record the status of the
certificate (positive or negative).

How can this be done? Dose SAP have a solution in the standard installation? We have SAP ECC 6.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

With the answer from Aditya and some more poking around in customizing I got it to work almost how I want it. Still can’t get the System to ask at the time of GR, in VL32N, for the confirmation of certificate.

For each GR and/or inspection lot I get a position in QC55 and can set the
certificate status. I can set the certificate status also from usage decision.

In customizing at „Define Certificate Types” for E21, used in the tests, there is
the setting „Certificate check required” and I thought it will force the System to
ask at the time of GR but it does not (the F1 help sounded promising).

How are your Control Key and Certificate Type set up?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the certificate type config, (your last screen posted), click on the field "Certificate check required".

FF

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did that. Still no request at GR booking time in VL31N / VL32N (Post GR)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

After further research I found out why there is no certificate check request at GR booking time in VL31N / VL32N. This functionality exists just if the GR is booked with MIGO. With VL32N the stock posting is done in the background so the confirmation of certificate receiving is not possible.

So we will leave the settings as described above and do the process confirmation of certificate receiving with QC51/52 and monitoring of certificate receiving with QC55.

Thank all of you for the help.

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

These are the steps I made:
1. Created a new material and set it up in material master with QM in procurement active  (QM control key 005 & certificate type E21 and active inspection type 01
2. Created a Q info record with Release Until 31.12.9999, Insp. control =1
3. Created a MM Info record
4. Created a MM Source List
5. Created a MM Scheduling Agreement with some demands
6. Booked inbound delivery with VL31N (no question about certificate received)
7. From VL32N posted Goods Receipt (no error that the certificate receiving was not confirmed)
8. Inspection lot is created with status CROK and visible in QE51N
9. In QC55 there is no position generated

I tried a few times and at one point it created an entry no. 1 in QC55 but no inspection lot. The inspection lot was not created because I forgot to set it up properly for quality inspection. After I set it up properly for Q inspection it did created inspection lots but never again entries in QC55.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you create a new delivery?  Once you got the first record created in QC55 created you won't get the question for any additional receipts on the same delivery.  If you receive the same batch and material you also will probably not get the question asked.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

there is customizhation pproblem for control key.

plese see attached images. and in control key , give check for certificate required.

give check to certificate required. and try.

Regards,

Aditya

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm  a bit confused.  SAP does provide this as standard functionality.  Why wouldn't you confim the receipt of the cert at GR?  You can still receipt the material if the cert isn't with the delivery.

QC55 can provide a list of missing certs.

You really don't want to develop a custom solution when 98% of what you need is there.  Just train the folks doing the receipt to always enter NO for cert received if you want.

FF

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

I agree not to confirm at GR. I just wrote that because
the Users described the process like this.

At the moment we do not have this process set up in SAP and I  don’t no how to set it up.

Can you describe how to set up the process using the standard SAP tools?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

1. Activate QM in procurement in Material master in Quality control tab.

2. add QM control key ( ex.005 -- std. available)

3. Assign certificate type.

4. For that material and vendor create Q info record.

at the time of GR system automatically asks whether certificate received or not. select yes or no from the options and post GR.

Pending list can be seen in Qc55. Unless certificate is received quantity can not be post in UR. by quality.

Regards,

Aditya

mihai_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the answers.

I did as described but at the time of GR the system does not ask for the
confirmation of certificate. The inspection lot already has the status CROK „Certificate receipt confirmed” and in QC55 there is no entry.

What am I doing wrong?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very hard to say via the net..  I'm not sure how you have it confirmed without a QC55 record.  Make sure youhave the right inspection lot and PO.

FF