cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release forecast at the end of the SNP bucket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As standard SAP, using /sapapo/mc90, the forecast is released at the beginning of the SNP bucket. I wish to release it at the end of the SNP bucket.

For example, if the SNP bucket definition is say week1= 1st to 7th, week 2= 8th to 15th, then while releasing a demand for week2 from DP to SNP, it should get released on 15th and not on 8th (as standard).

After a bit of research I got to know the following setting to achieve this-

You can use the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA. Use method CHANGE_RELDATA to change the TSTFR (from_time_stamp which is being used for the release to SNP) to equal TSTTO - 1 (to_time_stamp - 1). Note these timestamps include both date and time. Use function /SAPAPO/TIMESTAMP_SUBTRACT to do the subtraction.

This will make DP release to 1 second before the end of the bucket in SNP. I think you can't make the TSTFR equal TSTTO (to release exactly at the end of the bucket) but you can check yourself

Please refer this thread for more information.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-apo/release-of-forecast-dpgtsnp-at-end-of-b...

However, in doing so, the forecasts are released at the end of the bucket, bu the forecast quantity in DP is not matching with the value released to SNP (at the descriptive characteristics level)

As per SAP, the reason is-

The system assumes the start time as "2012.11.07 17:59:59" instead of
"2012.11.01 00:00:00", this leads to inconsistent results in SNP
Planning book.

If the table CT_COLS is reset to standard value, the SNP planning book quantities are matching with DP values.

In case anyone has done this earlier, then a pointer would be of great help.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found a solution to this.

There is a standard exit to achieve this- APODM017

I am using SCM 7.02 version.

Regards