cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone advice me, How to integrate an EDI partner using XI3.0 . My requirement is to send/receive messages with partner systems by using the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X-12 and Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce, and Trade (EDIFACT) standards.

I understand that Seeburger has a Generic EDI adapter to acheive this. Is there any other way with the std set of adapters ? I also fails to understand the commn protocol to be used if there is an alternative, since am new to EDI.

-Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravana,

Your best bet would be to use an EDI adapter like Seeburger Adapter. There are many advantages out of which I am listing some below

1) The mapping between IDOC and ANSI X12 for various industry segements are readily available from Seeburger. So you don't have to redo the mappings. The adapter also should build the interchanges (which are envolopes to your EDI message) taking out one more headache out of your way.

2) EDI systems communicate either through a value added network or based on agreement, partners do communicate using secure FTP. Seeburger adapter has all these protocols available ready-made.

I would suggest you to look in to the EDI adpater option instead of writing your own adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is Seeburger adapter is integrated tightly with XI framework. You can use any other adapter available(I don't know if one is available) or develop custom one for this functionality. We are also looking for one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look at SmartEDI (edi-tool written in abap)?